Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best Ford Truck Yet
By Agent86

2009 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 8th Ford truck and 4th F-150. Although it is the lower-end STX, I find it more comfortable than my previous 2005 Lariat. The seats are more comfortable (although I have to agree that the headrests need to be less intrusive). The transmission is better matched to the engine's needs and thus the 3V 4.6L feels more powerful than my previous 5.4L. I didn't think I would ever drive a truck more comfortable on the highway than my Lariat, I was wrong. Smooth is the only way I can describe this truck. A nice feature of my particular truck is that it has the carpet delete option so I don't have to worry about mud and snow messing up the carpet. I just wash it out.

My favorite features are the SYNC system and the satellite radio. I am on the road a great deal and they make the trip less fatiguing. I also like the great amount of storage throughout the interior, particularly the extra storage under the middle front seat. Also, lots of cup holders.

If I could fix one thing, it would be the head rests. I am 5'7" and the head rest in it's lowest position almost forces my head forward. I raised it all the way and it fixed that problem but now is in my field of view when I look behind me. I can live with it but I don't like it.

Best Truck I've been in
By Scott

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never expected such an all around excellent performer. This truck is very comfortable, quiet and very capable in every way. One reason I picked it over the Toyota Tundra is the large gas tank, 36 gallons vs 26 gallons. The extra capacity is very helpful when I'm towing. Other great towing features are the integrated brake controller, and sway control.

Back-up camera, and distance sensor. Navigation, and sound system are first rate.

None at this point. I have 2,000 miles with no problems.

Looked at too much junk
By 737driver

2009 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked for 1-2 year old ones to replace my 2000 and was not finding what I wanted for the money. I am very happy I decided to go with new. I have been getting between 18-19 with the 373 limited slip rear end. Most of used trucks I looked at were beat up or they wanted almost new price. I got mine for invoice. Been very happy with truck so far. The transmission and fit and finish I feel are quite nice for the price and it is a quiet solid truck.

Transmission, Sync, Leather

Do have to jump on the headrest wagon not being comfortable. Not to the point yet of pulling it out or turning it around. You get used to it.

You must have a F150!
By truckman

2009 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My F150 has 16,500 miles now. I can't say enough good words for it. I just want to say: everyone must have this truck! This truck has a 18-19 combined MPG so far. It can do everything what a sedan or SUV does. It seats 6 people. more room. more comfortable. It can do many things a sedan, SUV, mini-van can't do. You understand what I meant. I go hunting, fishing. I help people move their heavy, large stuff. I buy stuff for my house and garden. etc. Everyone must buy a F150. Only F150!

almost everything.

frontal crash test is not as good as 04-08 model. how is roof strength? I'd like to know.

Nice Truck
By steviewonder 20

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great ride, very comfortable and quiet. Got the 5.4 engine as I got a great deal on an advertised package, and the mileage only 1 mpg less. Getting about 14 mpg in the city, about the same as my old 97 f150 4.7 v- 8. I noticed in consumer reports, they mentioned the truck engine to be a little loud, and the ride a little rough. Wow, I would have to disagree. This engine and tranny is silky smooth and quiet, everyone comments on that who has been in the truck. I test drove some other trucks, but this one really feels luxurious.

Overall comfort and ride. Really comfortable seats except for the silly headrests. The sync electronics better that the system in my wifes new lexus, can access phone info, ipod playlists, no problems.

The headrest is just plain bad,Your head is always pointed forward a bit, if it was just a little less pronounce, it wouldn't be a problem. Removing the headreast or reversing them didn't solve the problem for me. Also, the old ford ignition position was better, wimpy stock tire size.