Used 2009 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

ALL American Truck
By SoldierBoy

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 2009 F150 is a great looking truck. The truck has a smooth ride with a quiet cab. The issue with the truck though is somewhat cheaply made and needs more horsepower.

I love the Microsoft Sync feature

The truck is somewhat cheaply made

Dont like the trans on the 4.6
By Chef

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had an 5.4 2007 fX4 and went to the xlt 4.6 for better gas. Nice truck ,love the look inside out, but i hate the transmission. 1st just feels a little rough and when you are coming to a stop and the truck is down shifting into 1st gear it makes a jerk feel . I did not notice it the first few weeks cause I was taking it easy on the truck for the 1st 2000 miles. Just so I did not feel crazy I went to the dealer ship and drove the 5.4 eng , It feels much better. paid 29k for the truck and wanted to trade it in with only 2,300 and all they would give me is 23k. Should have tested drove the truck over night , mad at ford right now, Still going to trade for 5.4L down the road

needs to come with 20inch stock rims

Yep, It's THE Truck!
By Car Guy

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first full size truck, I hadn't thought about a truck, but I upgraded my travel trailer last year and it was all my Explorer wanted to handle. Now with 15,000 miles on the truck I have been very impressed with all aspects of the vehicle. Controls, interior layout, seat comfort, mileage...I could go on - Mileage for mixed driving always around 18 and hwy over 21, even with the 5.4 liter. I was amazed with a stretch last summer pulling a 6,200# trailer and still about 14mpg. I was also surprised that this truck actually has the lowest total cost of ownership vs the other full sized on the market. If you are looking for a truck, drive this - you'll probably own one too!

SYNC, trailer brake controller, trailer sway control, GINORMOUS back seat! Handling, seat comfort, see notes above. Really is a lot to this truck.

Wheel packages, standard wheel isn't much to look at. Otherwise, not much you can do to top the best.

Excellent Truck
By Jay in Dallas

2009 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 F-150 Lariat 4X2 for this 2009 Lariat 4X4. After about 2000 miles, I love the new truck. It handles very well for its size. Plenty of power. Fit and finish are excellent. The only thing I don't like is the shifting of the automatic - a bit unpredictable. My old F-150 had the 4-speed auto while this one is the 6-speed auto - very different. My 2006 had zero defects and I'm expecting the same from this one.

Power from the 5.4L, handling, 20" wheels, navigation

Transmission's shifting habits, automatic headlights tend to toggle on and off a lot.

won't start
By MADATFORD

2009 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2009 ford f150 two weeks ago. stop at a store get somethings got back into the truck and would not start, called roadside assistance and they sent someone to jump start it. did not work, has some electrical problem, pretty sad for a new truck with the dealer tags still on the truck. i would not recommend a ford truck if you want to get from point a to point b. the worst truck i have ever driven. my 2004 dodge was a much more reliable truck than ford, never had a problem with dodge

none

before ford puts out a new designs and so called improvements test them out. the new ford f150 looks good but does not run.