Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2009 Ford Platinum 4X4 5.3 V-8
By George

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the Platinum for almost a year. The Navigation is awesome. Sound is awesome. I have lumbar problems but the seats in this truck are my benchmark for any other seats. We had a Mercedes ML 350. I couldn't drive more than 20 minutes w/o back pain. The truck has been great in snow, since we live in the mountains.

Seats! Seats! Navigation. Stereo. Fold down steps. Great for my short wife. The tailgate step with handle is great.

The best mpg has bee 16.5-- disappointing. I am an easy driver. My Prius gets 49.

Review of my F-150
By Jake

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Ford-f150 with the 5.4 V8 in it about 5 months ago. Very happy with everything thus far. I wish I would have upgraded to the leather. The cloth is fine and holds up well, but I'm going back to upgrade. I travel alot for work, so it's nice using SYNC to call customers and hold conference calls without having to worry about a bluetooth device or holding a phone.

SYNC and the back seat room. I'm a big waterfowl hunter. It's nice to fold up the seats and put all my hunting gear in the back seat. when I'm done, take out all my gear and its the family car again.

My truck didn't come with any bed liner. This is a must, and new trucks should come standard with them. I spent $350 on a Linex spray in bed liner after purchasing.

good truck
By tom

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in March 09 here it is feb 14 2010 and I have 46,000 miles already. Not one problem with this truck not even a recall. Lots of money but lots of truck. I would recommend this truck.

sony sync system and the heated seats are nice as well use then alot.

As you can tell I do lots of driving so I have two suggestions. First the seats are very stiff like to have a softer seat. I know its a lwb truck but turning radius needs improvement as possible.

traction control
By jason brannen

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

i am a ford man i have owened 6 new f- 150's i'am 32 years old.i recently bought a 2009 FX 4x4 i use my truck for hunting and alot of off road use.the traction control has gotten me stuck on 5 different occasions.traction control may be good for the highway use but i cant find anything good while using it off road but stuck.the button on the dash is a joke.my thoughts are when u put a truck 4x4 you shouldn't have to press a reset button every time you back up and go forward it stinks bad.i am really disappointed

when you make a 4x4 offroad truck thats what it should be desinged to do. its real dishearten

Dont like the trans on the 4.6
By Chef

2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Had an 5.4 2007 fX4 and went to the xlt 4.6 for better gas. Nice truck ,love the look inside out, but i hate the transmission. 1st just feels a little rough and when you are coming to a stop and the truck is down shifting into 1st gear it makes a jerk feel . I did not notice it the first few weeks cause I was taking it easy on the truck for the 1st 2000 miles. Just so I did not feel crazy I went to the dealer ship and drove the 5.4 eng , It feels much better. paid 29k for the truck and wanted to trade it in with only 2,300 and all they would give me is 23k. Should have tested drove the truck over night , mad at ford right now, Still going to trade for 5.4L down the road

needs to come with 20inch stock rims