Used 2008 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

6 Months and Perfection
By Tex77

2008 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

So far a great truck. Purchased when fuel was over 4dollars/gal and when 09's were coming end= what a deal!! Chrome, cruise, automatic for 11K :). Love the truck, not a single problem.

NO problems yet!! Drives great, Looks same, Pulls the trailer just fine. Interior is basic but nice. Lots of storage behind seats. ( I put bins there)

Steering wheel needs to be a little smaller diameter. Seats could use more padding.

2008 Ford F150
By KatDaddy

2008 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To Whom It May Concern: RE: 2008 Ford F150 Supercrew (Vibration start at 55/60 mph) We purchased this truck February 17, 2009 without a test drive. On Saturday, February 21, 2009, took truck for the vibration to Classic Ford, sat for 4 hours, then was told to come back Friday, February 27. On that day, Friday, 2/27, they “road forced” balanced the tires and was there for 5 ½ hours. Went back on March 3, 2009, they told me they put 4 different, new tires on the truck and balanced them and was there for 7 ½ hours more. Went back on March 6, 2009, they “re-balanced” my tires and told to come back Monday, March 9, 2009..that day, they “forced balanced” the tires again. Then I was told o

Love the looks of the truck..

Repair whatever the problem is to stop the vibration..

My best Truck 4.6 v8 stx supercrew 4x4
By chris short

2008 Ford F-150 STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck last august from my father for never getting in trouble with the law. I drive gravel everyday because my driveway is 1 mile straight gravel. The suspension handles very well on the gravel as well as on the road. My rear glass shakes a little when i hit a sharp bump though. I am glad i got the 4.6 because i picked up fuel economy compared to my dads 5.4. It has plenty of power to pull my supercrew 4x4. I have had no problems in my first 9000 miles. I hope it keeps up the only thing im doing is lifting the front end to level and adding dual exaust and maybe a cold air intake.

4x4, limited slip rearend, ride quality on road, interior room, and last its a ford

lift the front end so its almost level but not quite, 6 speed tranny

Back to Ford Again
By Casper

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 F150 Supercrew is a a joy to drive. I owned a 2006 Infiniti G35 and to be honest with you I am glad to have my F150. The seats are excellent and the cabin layout. Would not buy any other truck but a Ford. The Ford looks better than any other truck on the market.

The room inside the cabin, sitting up high again and the quality of the fit and finish. The back up camera is excellent

Better gas mileage but again it is a truck and a 4X4. More power to compete with Chevy, Dodge and Toyota.

2008 King Ranch F150 poorest KR yet
By Earl Tooke

2008 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my seventh new Ford since 1993, and my third King Ranch truck. While the quiet and smoothness of this ride are the very highest yet, the seats are absolutely the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced, much like sitting in a metal folding chair. The handling is excellent both in town and on the highway. The sound system is AWEsome, and the reliability is...Ford...change the oil every 5k miles and get a new battery every other year and follow the scheduled maintenance program, and the vehicle will never fail you. My 2005 F250 is still in the family!

The stereo is excellent. The buttons on the steering wheel, dash, and drivers seat are all the most drive- friendly yet on a ford vehicle. You don't have to 'look' to push.

Hard seats. The seams where the leather sections are put together are so hard that my thigh feels bruised every morning when I get to work. This is the poorest seat design of any Ford I've ever driven.