Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love It!!! Even the "Normal" Squeal!
By Bridger

2007 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We love this truck, its the best truck we have ever owned... Bought it with 2 miles on it and have loved every mile we have put on it.. With the exception of when it was in every ford dealer in the state of Arkansas for the a/c squeal... The one that we were told was "Normal" by all the ford people.. I dont see an a/c screaming when its on to be normal.. and a body plug fell out Odd I think but overall its been a great truck! Especially when you spray liquid wrench on the compressor to make it stop squealing!!!

5 speed transmission, Outside and Inside is HOT lookin, Handles great, Fun to drive, Overall best truck ever made!

Include a can of liquid wrench or WD40 with every purchase to spray to stop the a/c from squealing.. Remove the clutter collector from the dash and move the window cranks up, so they dont wack whats in the door panel everytime you roll the window up or down.

Awsome truck even in harsh winters
By rondee1374

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really wasn't in favor of my husband buying this truck off the show room floor but it is a workhorse! No problem in the 3 feet of snow that fell in one day the first year we owned it, have never had to put extra weight in the back. I'm not a truck person but this truck is AWESOME and fun to drive.

Satellite radio, four doors, leather, enough room for us and both our labrador retrievers.

100+ Ford
By debug013

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th F150 Supercrew. 5.4 v8, 3.73 limited slip rearend, chrome package, Dark shadow gray/silver on bottom, skid plates and few other goodies. Current mileage 17K. This is a great truck. I've had an entire pallet of ceramic tile(3000LBS)in the bed of this truck and the only noticeable difference was the truck sat level instead of nose down. Average 12-13mpg city and 18.5-20mpg highway. Only one minor problem during a cold spell this winter the 4X4 acuator on the front axle wouldn't engage. Dealer found water in acuator and it had frozen. Dealer replaced it in a few hours I was back in the mud.

Ford Tough, Good ride, able to do any job, good looks, great radio, heat&A/c, really like the tail gate ease of use. Even my wife can shut the tailgate.

Little more power and MPG would be okay. Make the center console on the XLT a little easier to use. I put my 10 year old in there the other day and still haven't found him(add some dividers or something instead of it being just a big box).

Buyer Beware!
By jql

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third f150. I have always liked them. I purchased this truck new and around 16000 miles I noticed a tapping noise from the engine. The dealer said it was the fuel injectors. I've never heard noisy fuel injectors before. So when winter arrived and I started the truck the noise was even louder than before, and when the accelerator is pressed the tapping became quicker. Dealer inspected, ran tests for a week and finally called in their Ford rep who advised me that it is a characteristic of the f150. The salesperson didn't advise me of this trait. I asked what characteristic could I expect in another year or two. Guess what! No answer!!

Worst Ever
By Peter

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th F150 Lariat since 2000 and probably the worst (Lariat Chrome edition). I've had it for 2 years now and its been in and out of the shop on many occasions for engine bogginess (5.4L), transmission problems (transmission has now been rebuilt), brake problems (2 brake jobs already), backup sensor problems (replaced 2 so far). My lease expires in less than a year. Thank God! I've had enough. I don't think I will be leasing another Ford truck again.

Comfortable ride. It's nice to look at.

Fix the 5.4L sluggishness (too boggy). Need better designed transmission. Better quality braking systems. Better looking stereo/heater stack, cluster and shifter. Replace Q/A department and improve product support. There is a reason why people buy foreign imports.