Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Make sure you extend your warranty
By wnewman

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 100,000 warranty ends, the truck falls apart. With 102,000 miles I've replaced spark plugs $350, transmission $2500, alternator $175 on top of the payment I have over 5000.00 in maintenance this year truck is just falling apart with 113,000 miles, rotors again, spark plugs, throttle body, battery, alternator, transmission, differentials, Ford says they have no clue, that I tow too much, me or my truck has never towed a thing and I think they should have at least looked into the problems with this truck but since warranty is over, they want nothing to do with it, been a Ford man all my life, well, thats about to change, so extend your warranty or you'll be outta pocket a lot with this truck

love the inside though, very nice

don't put the fuel injection across the top of the spark plugs so it doesn't cost us $300 in labor to get our spark plugs changed

Great Truck
By aa

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. 5.4 engine is great on gas.Only burns about 10 dollars more then my ford focus, per tank. Rides very smooth. Lots of power. you can't even feel when you go up a hill.

overall great

2007 F150 XLT SUPERCAB (4.6L) 4X4
By Donnyboy

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought as a lease back, has 126,000 km. Rides like a dream, smooth at all speeds. Ample room for adults or children. Actually came with a matching topper as a bonus. For our purposes the 4.6 L is plenty. If you're looking for a urban pickup truck this is the one.

Seating, sound system, roomy interior. Handling. (previous vehicle was a GMC which drove like a truck, this F150 rides like a luxury car)

Cup holders even with the sleeves intact do not hold a large coffee steady.

Good but way overpriced
By Working Stiff

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a good vehicle, good dealer service etc, but way over priced for what you get for 50k. The heated seats took 10 minutes to warm up and only when you sat in them, note:Chev and BMW roasted my seat in under 5 mins. The heat controls didnt switch properly. The air intake cover never stayed down. The brake rotors were grooved by 20k- w/o towing anything. The sunroof/air hummed major when opened all the way. Mileage is bad.. best ever was 18- when babied.. the trip comp was very optimistic. Really, other than the high cost of fuel, it looks great (20" rims)and was enjoyable to drive and handles our winter climate/pothole infested roads well. Nicely styled and classy too.

Interior room and style, stereo w/sub, looks, 4WD, comfy captains chairs, big center console.

A realistic trip computer, dual trip meters, better mileage, better brake rotors, a quality windshield that lasts more than 2 weeks before cracking.

Towing that Trailer
By Trailer Towing

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We are serious campers. We tow a 30 foot, 8000 pound 5th. wheel camper behind our F150, with the 5.4 engine. I does a great job and we still get 10 m.p.g. out of it. We have taken short trip and long trips and usually go camping at leadt ten times a year. Never had any problems with anything in 3 years. I highly recommend this truck to people needing a reliable, good riding truck to tow a camper.

Ride, quietness, room, load handling and tow capacity

thicker carpeting on the XLT