Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

sat-is-fied
By ameriicana

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Me and my husband went to Robert's Chevrolet after seeing a good deal online.
When we went to the dealership they got us a much better price on the truck, and a low interest rate.
We love the truck.
There was a problem with the door sticking out like it wasn't latching properly.
We told the dealership and they said they would fix it no problem.

Looks nice, cool color, has a lot of power, V8 engine, tool box the previous owner had installed, leather seats, fold up back seats, sunroof, electric sliding back window, nice center console w/alotta cupholders. Just a nice truck. So far soo good.

The truck might be custom cuz it is FX2 5.4L that is not 4 wheel drive

4x4 Issue
By gadgetone

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new.Have only had 2 issues.Brakes needed replaced at only 28,000 miles.Big issue is a loud noise from front left tire that sounds like metal pieces bouncing around a metal drum.Only did it twice.By the time i stop it goes away.Checking into it online i find alot of people with same problem.Mine is getting fixed as i write this.Its the 4x4 system, the vacume line blows and the gears partially connect but it does not happen constantly.Most people think its the brakes.I am totally happy with my truck but am surprised theres so many people out there with this problem.I am at 30,000 miles now.

What i like most is the supercab.As far as putting people in, its like a car.Can seat five people comfortably.Six is a bit of a squeeze but still not bad.Having the option of hauling anything with the pickup or hauling people makes it a nice duel purpose vehicle.

Four Years and all is Well!
By alby144

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have close to 45,000 miles now and still love this truck! I have had one warranty repair, to replace a window switch but other than that no problems. It is without a doubt the nicest truck that I have ever owned. I know somebody with an Escalade; my truck's interior is nicer in fit & finish, they are equipped nearly the same and my truck cost $40,000 less! On top of that they had about 15 items to repair at their last service! I've read about sluggish performance from the F-150, but have not found this to be so. Nor have I had issues with my brakes; at 45,000 miles I've got about 50% of my brake life left and 25% of my tread life left on my tires.

The heated leather seats! I love them in the Winter. The auto dimming morrors are nice as well. The interior of my truck is very well constructed. It is a very quiet, smooth ride. I also enjoy the stereo with the CD changer and Sirius radio. I'm a music freak and this stereo has decent sound quality; I like the fact that it, automatically turns the volume up as you accelerate. This adds to the quietness of the ride by blocking out road noise. The exterior finish has proven to be very durable. After some of my four-wheel outings, the brush scratches polish right out. In four wheel drive the F-150 is a go anywhere machine and you're going in high style!

The back seat storage is lacking in some respects, as the seat bottoms only fold up. It would be nice if the seat backs folded down as well. Eventually I will buy the kit to contain what ever I store under the seat. The glove box is nearly useless for storing much more than your manual and a pair of gloves, or a couple of cell phone chargers. I would advise getting the overhead storage compartment. My truck is equipped with a small one which I keep my reading glasses in. An over-drive indicator on the shifter would be nice as well as heavy duty carpetted floor mats; the stock mats are about as wimpy as they get!

2007 Ford F150 SuperCrew
By Hagmedic

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has been 100% reliable. The 4.6 liter engine is great for day to day driving and average payloads and towing. Not good for towing above 5,000 pounds (except on level roads). Overall a great truck!

The supercrew is great for additional passengers, groceries, etc. The truck just plain looks NICE!

Better towing capability and fuel mileage, is that an oxymoron? Maybe the new engines that are coming out in 2011 will change this.

Never Again
By sorryiboughtit

2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Maybe there are others out there who have had similar problems and you can get back to me? Class action lawsuit?? Ford has continued to refuse to repair my 2007 f-150. The engine makes a raucous clicking noise that the service department from 2 different dealers and a ford "engineer" have not or will not identify. Ford has told me that this is as good as it gets. With the noise my truck makes I will never be able to sell it, even when I get the equity down to where it makes sense to sell it. My engine is a 5.4 liter 3 valve V-8. Don't but one of these trucks, you will be sorry and you will get in your truck every time you turn it on and say, "I hate this truck. We will never buy another ford

If it weren't for the fact that my engine sounds so bad that it takes all the pleasure out of driving it, I might still love this truck. Ever since my truck started making loud clicking noises,(2 Years after I bought it.), all I can think of when I drive this truck is how much I hate the noise.

Fix the problem with the 3 valve 5.4 V-8. The service department where I take my truck has told me that there have been many problems with these trucks and ford will not address these issues. As far as I know now though ford doesn't use the 3 valve engines anymore. It doesn't help me with mine.