Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I just don't know
By David

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My '06 Lariat Supercrew seems to be morphing into an XLT. All the gold and tan interior and exterior trim colors are already beginning to wear off their surfaces. Power from the 5.4L is shamefully bad above 2000 rpm. Mileage is 12 city and I've never seen anything past 17 highway, but it's about what I expected. Overall build quality is fairly good, but I think my old '97 F-150 was a more solid truck. Time will tell with this 2006 model. These seats are not leather. They're some kind of really cheap imitation of leather. They definitely feel very cheap. If given the chance, I don't think I would buy this truck again. I did mention the awful engine performance, didn't I?

Interior/exterior design. Ride height. Power sunroof and rear window. Nice, big fuel tank. Reliability has been very good. Quiet, comfortable ride on the highway. Reverse sensing/warning system. Pretty decent-sounding audiophile stereo system.

The engine is pathetic. Start over, Ford, if your company can last long enough. Leather seats need real leather. Some plastic interior surfaces feel too hard, slick, and hollow. Oil filter very hard to access.

I Love My F-150
By Old Blue

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Comfort and ride is amazing for its size. Get a tonneau cover if you have any hopes of getting better than 18 MPG. One of the major drawbacks is there is no internal storage space for things like fire extinguishers, jumper cables tools, etc. I know you can buy a rear under- seat storage bin to help with that. I hope the newer trucks come with more internal storage.

Looks, power, towing capability, interior comfort, ride.

Internal storage, mileage

Won't be disapointed
By Ford Truck

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is wonderful off road. I have taken it up steep grades and through lots of mud. You can really have a lot of fun and it handles wonderfully off road. It has great power and tows good. Beats Chevrolet and Dodge hands down. No interior of any competitor can even come CLOSE! Bumpers are heavy duty and can withstand just about anything.

Everything.

Better center console cushion, Bluetooth, trip computer, xenon lights, a way to leave the bed light on.

King Ranch Supercrew
By Roger Fellers

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with my King Ranch. I would like better gas mileage, however.

Interior leather and design.

Better gas mileage.

F-150 No wonder it is the top seller!
By GSS

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After 13 months of owning my F-150 SuperCrew I am still excited each time I drive it. It is solid, comfortable, looks great inside and out (even after 13 months with 2 kids).

Ride comfort is excellent, build quality very good, interior look and feel best of any truck I have seen, love the overhead sliding rails for storage bins & entertainment system. The flat floor and fold up seats are very handy!

My only wish is that it came with a better base braking system (seems a little old-fashioned). Also would like to see a locking rear differential to help get through the slippery winters and over uneven terrain.