Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

06 F150
By 602pipewing

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing that the truck needs is stronger rear suspension and a little more low end power. Easily fixed by airbag suspension and a few performance upgrades.

Rear power windows, fits 33x12.50 mud tires without lift, countless amount of available performance and exterior accessories.

Stronger rear suspension.

the best truck i've ever owned
By ford truck man!

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When they say "Built Ford Tough" they're right 100%! I bought the truck new as a left over 2006 model, and so far, nothing has been a problem. I love this truck. It tops all of the other six trucks I've ever owned. It has a rugged, tough truck look, and a car-like plushy interior. I went looking for a truck, expecting to find one that i liked, but when i drove the F-150 out on a test drive, i loved every inch of it!

The power roll down rear door windows (instead of the useless pop out ones!). Endless list of standard features, and the wider opening rear doors.

Nothing at all.

back to a F-150
By Tony

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had many F150's when I was younger but stopped buying them when my need for more pulling power grew (more toys to haul). After a couple of V10 Super Duty's, I decided on the new 3 valve 5.4L. It doesn't have the sheer torque of the V10 but seems to have enough to haul my toys around. It has greater style and comfort than my V10 F350.

Interior is very sharp and reminds me of my Audi TT interior...really like the all leather bucket seats and the steering wheels thumb switches .

Less plastic! More chrome.

Bumps & Rattles
By Gary

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is enjoyable to drive, however every moderate bump in the road sends a chilling vibration through both inner doors and (yes) they do rattle loudly! I do have the towing pkg, but I feel the ride should be much softer, smoother, and quieter. The looks and style of the truck inside and out are great. Fuel economy is ok, however I can't help wondering what kind of a rattletrap this truck will be in 5 years. One final word, the first cold weather start (17 degrees) the 5.4 engine whistled loudly for several minutes before finally settling down.

The looks inside and out, the 6 CD player, the big mirrors, dash setup and handling are all nice.

Fire the cup holder designer and come up with one that's practical and doesn't require 2 hands to use, and a small light for location would help too. Most of all investigate why the inner workings of the doors shake and rattle when going over moderate bumps in the road.

Like my Truck
By Dennis

This is my 8th new Ford truck in the past 12 years. I have put approximately 650,000 miles on these trucks in the 12 years since my first. I am convinced that no other truck could or would have given me the service I got from these vehicles. Other than some initial adjustments under warranty I have not spent $1 in vehicle repairs (break downs, part failures). Shocks, tires and normal maintenance is all I have ever needed to do!