Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

06 F150 SUPERCREW 2 WHEEL DRIVE 5.4 L
By f1raptor

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Haved owned the 06 F150 SUPERCREW 5.4L now for 5 yrs and just turning 30,000 miles. No problems to date just change the oil every 5000 and keep driving. Going to try and push this truck anouther 5 yrs and see what happens, would buy anouther F150 if i had to.

Love the fit and finish of this truck and the style. I get a lot of complaments from people when they see this truck.

5.4L a little slow, but would opt for the new 6.2L V-8 in the new F150.

Great Truck!
By oldblue12

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Super reliable vehicle!
I am on my 2nd set of tires (Goodyear Silent Armors) whcih may have caused my mileage to drop a bit.
I use to average 17.2 MPG mixed.
Now it has dropped to about 16.8.
I love the quiet steel Ford incorporated into the vehicle.
Keeps the road noise to a very minimum!
I also love the roominess.
I wishi t had more interior storage though.

Very quiet ride! Roominess. Reliability. Looks! Handling. Ruggedness

Need more interior storage.

Tips and concerns
By dan251

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I read he horror stories, and I still what's going on.
3rd Ford truck and still impressed.
2 Rangers, now a 5.4 XLT Supercab 2006.
No plug blow outs, no leaks, oil lifters etc.
I do, however, after research and experience, think the 5.4 is a high maintenance engine.
MUST use a light weight FULLY synthetic oil, K&N air filter, the correct oil filter, and CHANGE PLUGS at 60K.
Run fuel injector cleaner every 3 fills.
I only have 46K, but I really think preventative maint. is the key.
Are some of you "romping" on these trucks? ie; break-stands, tug-o war?.
Who knows, I may have all these problems at some point but I have never had one single malfunction/problem with ANY of the 3 I'v own

Looks, ride, power, reliability.

...just the darn AC man..come on, it takes too long to kick in, and I live in Southwest Florida...

Who woulda' thunk, me in a King Ranch!!
By tomerikac

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So here I am, searching craigslist, cars.com, the newspaper and anywhere else to replace my 15 yr old Dodge Ram Laramie for something with a backseat for my two growing kids.
I mean I looked everywhere for about 2 years, harrassing car salesmen for the best deal, checking out Rams, Frontiers, F150s, Silverados, Tacomas and Tundras.
Then I run across a small ad on craigslist for a 2006 King Ranch crew cab for $20,500, 37k miles.
So I call and a previous caller had already talked her (yeah owned by a 55 yr old woman) down to $19.5k.
So I made sure I was the 1st to see it, deposited $100 because it was in near mint condition and cannot believe it's mine.

These things look absolutely marvelous, inside and out. Mine is dark cooper metallic, buffed out, 20" rims. The interior is, of course, the castano leather, clean, quiet, and spacious. It runs extremely smoothely and quietly, and once I aligned the front end, tracks very straight. Overall, it is luxurious. Something, I thought I would never own. It is fully loaded (except 4wd and sunroof), and some features I enjoy are the electrical foldaway mirrors, courtesy lights, auto ac controls, back up assist, etc. And, of course, I just love the soft dark leather on the seats. The truck so far (1 yr. 9k miles) has been very dependable with no repairs or problems.

I'm only getting 15.5 mpg, but fortunately carpool and only drive about 9k a year. I keep thinking that I could sell it and pocket a few grand but just can't bring myself to do it. Funny thing is, my kids prefer going places in my wife's 2002 Kia Sedona because their seats fold way back for naps.

rough idle on start
By defuniak1

2006 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used 2 weeks ago, dealer gave a warranty, thank god....Noticed it had a miss at cold start.
Took it to the dealer a week later...they have had the truck for 3 days now...changed plugs, checked fuel pump...still no word on what the problem is....said the compression was low...still waiting on the verdict....I am happy with the looks and comfort, but not happy with this issue, this is my 4th ford...all the others were wonderful