Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck!
By oldblue12

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Super reliable vehicle!
I am on my 2nd set of tires (Goodyear Silent Armors) whcih may have caused my mileage to drop a bit.
I use to average 17.2 MPG mixed.
Now it has dropped to about 16.8.
I love the quiet steel Ford incorporated into the vehicle.
Keeps the road noise to a very minimum!
I also love the roominess.
I wishi t had more interior storage though.

Very quiet ride! Roominess. Reliability. Looks! Handling. Ruggedness

Need more interior storage.

Who woulda' thunk, me in a King Ranch!!
By tomerikac

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So here I am, searching craigslist, cars.com, the newspaper and anywhere else to replace my 15 yr old Dodge Ram Laramie for something with a backseat for my two growing kids.
I mean I looked everywhere for about 2 years, harrassing car salesmen for the best deal, checking out Rams, Frontiers, F150s, Silverados, Tacomas and Tundras.
Then I run across a small ad on craigslist for a 2006 King Ranch crew cab for $20,500, 37k miles.
So I call and a previous caller had already talked her (yeah owned by a 55 yr old woman) down to $19.5k.
So I made sure I was the 1st to see it, deposited $100 because it was in near mint condition and cannot believe it's mine.

These things look absolutely marvelous, inside and out. Mine is dark cooper metallic, buffed out, 20" rims. The interior is, of course, the castano leather, clean, quiet, and spacious. It runs extremely smoothely and quietly, and once I aligned the front end, tracks very straight. Overall, it is luxurious. Something, I thought I would never own. It is fully loaded (except 4wd and sunroof), and some features I enjoy are the electrical foldaway mirrors, courtesy lights, auto ac controls, back up assist, etc. And, of course, I just love the soft dark leather on the seats. The truck so far (1 yr. 9k miles) has been very dependable with no repairs or problems.

I'm only getting 15.5 mpg, but fortunately carpool and only drive about 9k a year. I keep thinking that I could sell it and pocket a few grand but just can't bring myself to do it. Funny thing is, my kids prefer going places in my wife's 2002 Kia Sedona because their seats fold way back for naps.

Better 2nd time around
By urbancowboy

I purchased a new 2004 F150 and had nothing but problems, all covered under warranty.
Of course this was the new model year out.
So I traded it for a 2006 and I only had 2 problems.
The 3rd tail light leaked and was fixed under warranty and Seatbelt was put on from the plant backwards.
I don't
know how that happened.
This truck has been awesome since then. No problems since then.
I would purchase another considering the new model has better fuel economy and I read it is much more roomier.
I have 2 kids, wife and dog and I considered buying a van but I always use the bed for hauling stuff.
I just put on vinyl bed cover and it is locked away.
Very quiet on the road.

Very quiet interior. Lots of power.

Fuel mileage, Better access to ipod or mp3 players. Softer seats and easier to clean.

I LOVE this truck!
By lilweebugs

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this is my first full size truck and everything about it is amazing.
It handles better than my 00 escort zx2,04 ranger, and husband's 10 civic si and 04 trailblazer!
It is solid, smooth, and quiet. It easily pulls a 20' boat, & 3 horse trailer. the bed is a little small but Able to fit a 2010 rancher in the bed with extender and tie downs, can also haul 15 hay bales or a 5' round bale easily.
Cab is very roomy, 6'3 hubby has no complaints, able to fit 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 80 lb dogs, 2 carseats and snacks easily!
Handles great on every type of surface, or grade. Never needed any type of work, everything runs perfectly.

LOVE everything about this truck, it is manly and sexy at the same time, handles great on ice adn snow even in 2 wheel drive, rarely put it into4x4 unless i get stuck in snow while climing mountain trails that end in a dead end(lol) but able to get out in 4 low no problem. Crosses rushing 3' deep creeks no problem, mobs through mud and sand. takes climbing rugged steep mountain trails in stride and goes back down easily. Haven't felt it get tippy while 4x4ing, it is solid. High enough you don't hit when there are big rocks or in and out ditches/lumps. It also drives great on the highway 100mph and still smooth sailing. Solid, safe, reliable, and a perfect truck for all my needs!

It sometimes makes a whiring noise when the fan is on. makes a loud noise and jerks occasionaly when put into 4x4. Sometimes makes weird noises while starting and warming up and when driving in cold temps of negative 10f and below. Starts right up though, even if not plugged in and it is -20 below for weeks. fog lamp lights get too hot and kinda melted the cover(just a little discoloring on the plastic). It is a gass hog, averaging about $100 to fill up if empty and 350 miles per tank both hw and cty, a little better gass mileage on only highway about 380. I would like to see a f150 get 25-30mpg in the future. If you don't mind spending big bucks often on gass this is the truck 4 u!

Problems Every 10k Miles
By hdjock

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck brand new in 2006 and right at every 10k miles up to my 70k mile mark I have had problems of every kind. If it wasn't the window controls on the driver side it was the CatCon going out and running me almost $2500. My truck has been good as far as getting from place to place but gas mileage is horrible, it used to get 450 miles to a 26 gal tank, now it barely gets 300 so be prepared for that. This is not a truck used for work or any kind of off-roading. The other thing that I can't stand is how the 4x4 works. You have to put it into nuetral to switch the 4x4 in, then you have to put it into drive then nuetral then reverse and then back into drive for it to kick in.

My favorite feature would have to be that it has plenty of cup holders. Thats about it.