Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nice truck
By mjffarms

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I farm and the truck pulls a double axle trailer easily--quiet--smooth riding. I've had Ford trucks for thirty years--has been my favorite

Smooth easy ride and shifting--quiet cab

Mileage is about 15 on average but for 4 wheel drive not that bad--compared to the 9 I used to get with my 460!

Unload both barrels
By possum

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The steering is too light. The rack/pinion-power assisted steering is way overboard. It's almost unsafe to a point where I only drive this truck on out of town trips when I have to go. I drive class 8 trucks about 6000 miles a week, with my wife. Neither her or I choose to drive the Ford to work. It just sits in the garage waiting to be sold when it gets about 2 yrs old, so as we won't loose money on today's market. Our main means of transportation is still my old 2000 model Sonoma 4x4 with 74000 miles on it. Our next pick-up will be another Chevy or GMC.

The Ford p/up has an unbelivable turning radius. It turns like its on rails. This is a pleasure to wheel around in tight parking lots and spaces.

Driver and passenger comfort in the seating department on your standard p/up's. Also change the location of the manual window handles. Have you tried to use them for yourselves? Not everyone buys all the bells and whistles you know

Great F-150
By gus

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The design inside and outside is great. The space in the supercrew backseat is great. The only fault is the 4.6 feels underpowered.

The interior and exterior styling. Roomy interior. Ride quality

4.6L engine power. the A/C is weak

Need some power - look elsewhere!
By Mike Keating

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 F150 Supercrew 4.6 litre in October of 2006. This was the 1st new truck I had ever owned, man have I been disapointed. Under normal driving conditions I suppose for most the power of the 4.6 litre is adequete. As soon as I hooked my 19 ft boat up to it man where'd the power go Ford? With my Chevy I never even knew the boat was back there, not with this motor. If you plan to haul even the smallest camper/boat do not get an F150 with the 4.6 litre, it's awful! If you are looking for a pickup that drives like a car, buy it. If you need a truck with some power for work/play dont buy an F150 w/ this motor. Overall as soon as I can financially trade this Ford F150 in its gone!

This truck truly drives like a large car. It handles really really well considering its a truck. The am/fm stereo/6 disk cd changer is great!

No storage at all. The truck comes with no locking glove box. If I go to get this vehicle serviced/oil change etc there is no where to lock up anything. The gas mileage is horrible! I know its a small v8 but man this truck has no power, come on Ford its still a truck.

Copper Ranch
By MDI

2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Only hiccup was the transmission console shifter had an interior switch that went out. This caused the transmission to go haywire and could not get it into proper gear. This required a tow and was in warranty. Same problem happened on my 2004 FX4, but that one was out of warranty. Sounds like a defective switch. Best ride of any pick-up that I've riden in. Gas mileage is not great however. The Ethonal blends that I use seem to get much worse gas mileage ... more than offsetting their slightly lower cost per gallon. So E- 85 may not be an option.

Looks, smooth ride

Correct the defective gear switch. Obtain 5 miles per gallon better gas mileage.