Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Excellent Truck
By Pete

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy this truck. It feels very solid, and is very quiet in all driving conditions. I was surprised when I got 18+ mpg on a trip I recently took. It is a comfortable and fun truck to drive. The supercrew has plenty of interior room when driving the family around, and can haul or carry construction related material with ease. I find the truck to have more than enough power. The power sunroof is huge ,and it feels like I'm in a convertible with all of the windows, the sunroof and rear slider open on a warm sunny day.

Power moonroof and sliding rear window

None

Extreme Disappointment
By cafenick

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford 5.4L is woefully underpowered. It is sluggish and is a total dog in the mountains as well as when towing. I do like the interior fit and finish as well as the functionality of the layout.

The look of a Ford truck is second to none.

The engine needs some serious attention!

2006 F-150 Review
By Brian

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My experience with my F-150 was the worst experiance I have ever had with a vehicle. The build quality was extremely poor. Within the first 6 months all fuel injectors had to be replaced. The stitching on the front seats came apart not once but twice! The headliner came apart. The outside mirror fell off as I was driving. My exp. with the dealership regarding these issues was also poor. It will be the last Ford vehicle I ever have!

none

build quality! My father owns a 2003 F-150 he purchased new and has not had any problems with it. Looking at both trucks it was obvious the 2003 had much better fit & finish. I don't know what has happened at Ford, but it is truly a shame to see an American vehicle of such poor quality.

Horrible Seats
By Gomer

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 for me has the worst seat comfort out of any truck on the market bar none. I can't get comfortable no matter how hard I try and the seats are as hard as a rock. Other than the seats, the engine is severely underpowered (5.4) and the transmission is sluggish. I don't recommend this truck to anyone unless you want to be uncomfortable. The previous generation F150's were much better in my opinion.

Bold exterior looks

Better seats, smaller armrests, better engine performance, less hesitation in transmission, more options in XLT models, better mpg

Expectations met!
By Tim

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have been looking for a crew cab pickup for 6 months. Checked them all out, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Nissan & Toyota. The F-150 was the best. It just drove so much nicer than any other plus was the best looking. The Lariat has all you need for bells and whistle's. The Smoketown/Beige 2 tone exterior color is sweet! Only complaint would be the gas mileage. If you really baby it and coast to stop signs and such you can get 20mph but that's no fun.

Interior has great design. Very funtional. One suggestion is move the computer/system buttons from behind the steering wheel, they are hard to see. Cup holders are nice and large. Dashboard is nice design.

Better gas mileage. Other than that Ford got it right!