Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Love Truck - Hate The Headliner
By Anthony B from NYC

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I was in awe. After a while the truck began to develop a few rattles but not many as my cars in the past. The most major problem I have encountered with this vehicle was the floppy headliner. I have had to install my own version of a packing foam in the headliner to eliminate the problem. I have currently experienced a problem in cold weather with the headliner tapping sounding as if the rear window is rattling but I have yet to experience any relief. All in all this vehicle was great on long trips. However the retention value is terrible!.

Comfort.

FIX the headliner.

10K miles, only one gripe
By frank

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this Texas edition SuperCrew for just under a year and the ONLY complaint I have is with the gas mileage. The mileage is just fine on the highway (about 20 mpg as near as I can figure) but in-town I can just about see the needle falling when I sit in traffic or at red lights. And this is with the 4.6L v-8. I've not found this engine to be underpowered at all even with a heavy load in the bed. The interior design is just about perfect, seating front and rear very comfortable with more than adequate leg room in the back. The 6 cd premium sound system ROCKS. It's a nice looking PU that delivers more than just looks.

The quiet ride, low end torque, the interior design, the exterior design. Go for the premium sound system if you like your music.

Perhaps a MDS on both v-8 engines. I can live with the highway cruising mileage, but for city driving it's just ridiculous. Nice truck tho!

Ford 4wd crew cab
By roger mobley

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was to be the last one that I purchased after retirement. So far the truck is all that I want in a pickup and tow vehicle. It has the power to pull any size load so far (8000#). I installed an aftermarket leveling kit. Wow what a difference in appearance, I would say that it has passed all tests. VERY HAPPY!

Power and looks.

Door pockets (lower) like the cup holder type stick out too far.

My Truck
By docinmiss

This is a fine truck. performs well. Never required any repairs. My main problem is seeing where the front end is when parking. My other dislike is the depth of the bed. I cannot reach items in the bed without a stick or rake. I'd prefer a shallower bed myself. It drives extremely well. The ride is smoother than most autos I drive.

The drive and looks.

Have the bed not as deep.

EXCELLENT TRUCK
By GRADY

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Drives better than my wife's 2003 Expedition, better gas mileage than Expedition. Average about 15 mpg town and on the road. You can see the road real well in front of you. Have had no major problems, One minor problem with the trim (double back tape used did not stick in one area), well solid built truck. Ford is putting more quality control into their product.

Easy to drive, comfort seating, good horsepower with new 5.4 engine. Pulls my cargo trailer or 1967 Ford Bronco with ease when traveling. Heated seats in the winter are great. Super sound system.

More storage inside the cab. You can put nothing under the back seats due to the jack on one side and the woofer speaker under the other side, poor planning by Ford. This gives you no place to put a small tool box, first aid kit, and fire extinguisher inside cab. Ford needs to improve this area.