Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2005 F-150
By John

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides well. More than adequate power and torque for pulling a full size bass boat (my primary reason for purchasing).

The limited slip differntial is my favorite option, making slippery boat ramps or snowy roads no problem. I also like the heated side view mirrors for winter driving in Nebraska.

I think a nice improvement would be to have audio controls in the steering wheel.

Great USA Truck
By tim bickford

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is one nice riding truck. Traded in Exploror. No comparison in the ride. It rides like a good quality car. It has a smart look, and the design of the engine makes for easy repair access. You are driving a truck with all the features of a truck but has a smooth ride, and very quiet. I cannot say more about this truck but one word. great. This USA auto maker is better than imports.

Ride

Can't think of one

Best Vehicle Ever
By dan

Wow, Ford did it right with the new F-150. I'm 50 years old. I have bought new Dodge, Chevy, Honda, and other Ford products and this '05 F-150 is the best ever. I have owned it almost two years and 30,000 miles and not one problem. Not even a small problem. The last new truck I bought was a 2000 Silverado and that was a nightmare from the time I took delivery until i traded it 36,000 miles later. The Ford is at the other end of the scale. It rides nice, is super quiet inside, and is pretty good on gas. Seats could be softer, and it could use more power. I got the 4.6 v8, should have got the 5.4. Other than that, the truck is flawless.

Power sliding rear window. Four door. Flat four and round pigtail connection

Softer seats. Larger information center. Can't read it during the day.

A revision to my review
By Rick

I'm now a year and a 1/2 into driving this truck, 25K miles, and most of my original review still stands. It's been an incredible truck. However, I had to share that I recently returned on my first two road trips with the family (1K and 1.2K) in distance and was amazed that after simply changing the air filter before I left on the first trip that I got 18.5 mph on the first trip and 19.5 mph on the second. It's paid off that I opted for the 3.55 factory gears and installed a low profile, glass bed cover. Smooth sailing!

Watch the Fuel Injectors!
By Steve

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After several SUV's, my first pickup. Nice to drive - both on the freeway and offroad. But not very reliable. Problems range from annoying (the CD player has been replaced 4 times and still isn't working correctly) to serious (has broken down 3 times and been towed once in the first 25,000 miles due to faulty fuel injectors). About to go out of warranty so I'll probably consider trading for something more reliable - maybe Japanese?

Interior comfort.