Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F150 best truck on the market
By James

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The F150 Lariat supercab has been very reliable with no cost of repairs to date (which is good because I've been rough with it at times). It rides smooth for a truck while still being able to haul everything a normal person would ever want. Although it may not have the acceleration of competing models, it is definitely built to withstand the abuse of a what I expect a truck to take.

In addition to it being reliable able to haul everything I want, the heated leather seats are nice on those cold mornings.

Would be nice to improve city mpg but given it is a 5.4 L it is a small price to pay for the other benefits.

Lovin my truck
By Lovin my truck

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck. Tires are factory size. This truck is great. I've had lots of Fords but this one I'm in love with, and so's my wife (that's a challenge)If I keep my foot out of it I'm getting 21-22 mpg @ 60-65 about 18 @ 70-75. I like how high it rides with the stock tires and suspension on it. I also like all the bells and whistles. I didn't buy it to out run the local kids but as far as the handling, performance, and milage, I'm impressed.

Power rear slider

Can't think of any. I love this truck. Sure, we could all wish for a truck that gets 50mpg but lets be real. 21-22 on the highway is great as far as I'm concerned.

Don't purchase!
By tadams0512

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year with only 42,000 miles and it has been downhill. Have bad cam phasers, replaced spark plugs. Ford wanted $380 due to some possible spark plug breakage in head. Now injectors bad. Overall, a terrible truck build with quality def. not job 1!

Loved outside design. This was why purchased to begin with.

Ford should stand by their products and admit problems and fix at their expense. Will NEVER purchase another Ford product. EVER!

Just saying
By kgaston

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

"engeneers need to improve the drive train". This is clearly the best drivetrain I have ever seen in a truck. The Allison is nowhere near as good as this seeing as if you do not change the fluids in the Allison religiously, it will fail quickly. The stereo package is one of the best I've seen in a truck and I enjoy the responsive throttle and brakes. The ride is much more superior than any Chevy or Dodge I've driven.

the stereo, power, and ride

Offer a standard V-8

Great truck
By Trayscool

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got my truck used with 50K miles and now has 70K. No problems thus far and runs great. The front seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of room in the rear, like a limo. I tow a 7000 boat with no problems and plenty of power. The factory stereo is very nice. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but with a big V8 that is what you can expect. My parents have one with 150K on it and o problems as well

Interior is great. Truck looks great. Very comfortable.

Gas mileage which ford has improved one the new models