Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Just Another Truck
By Dennis

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth F-150. Compared to my others, this vehicle has light doors, tailgate, and hood. The ride is rough with the 20" tires.

I've compared this vehicle side-by-side with all the other full-size trucks. Nothing compares with its inside and outside styling.

Offer truck with power retracting mirrors. Garage doors are 9' 10" or so and vehicle is too wide, without grabbing and turning in a mirror. Get back to "Ford Tough"

Great Truck
By Jose Angel

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of room, beautiful interior 2-tone design with faux-wood panel and brushed aluminum accents, chrome stick shift for the automatic tranny. Its just a fun machine. I have a DVD system and a huge back seat for all the kids to watch movies or just zone out, and with the wireless earphones I don't have to listen to their movies. I can plug my Ipod to the DVD accessory panel, and listen thru the radio. The sound system includes a subwoofer. And when I drive, I be truckin through traffic near the top of the food chain! The 4WD is great for snowy weather.

The huge amounts of interior room, the pretty interior design, the tawny colored leather seats, the smooth ride when you are pulling a load or have the bed loaded.

Two things: the lever to adjust the steering wheel has come off twice, the dealer had to re-install it. Second, the "normal" knocking noise that the engine makes when its warm is a nuisance, it sounds like a diesel sometimes. Dealer swears its normal, Ford sites say the same.

Looks are deceiving
By Mike R

Best looking truck on the road. Probably the worst truck to tow with I've ever owned. Very dissappointed. I can tell when I have a dirt bike in the bed while driving. Forget pulling a boat or trailer, it's horrible.

None

Better mileage, more power, better towing.

Love this truck
By Mercedes Owner

This is the first American vehicle I have bought since US vehicle quality went down the tubes in the early 80's. I drive my truck on road and off, highway and local, through extremely bad weather (hurricanes) and I have not had a single problem with this truck. I've hauled lumber in the bed, and pulled single axle trailers with this truck, and it has been great. The sunroof and 6 CD changer has been great, the heated seats are fantastic, and the AC works fine in our 100+ degree summers here. Ford just sent me a letter extending the coverage on the fuel injectors for 10 years....but I have not had any problems. I use premium gas and get oil and tires serviced on time. This is a great truck

The ride is as quiet as my 'Benz, and the truck behaves really well on very wet roads. The interior is perfectly comfortable for my 6'2" 220 lb frame, and the cruise control and steering wheel controls make long distance drives a pleasure. I get 15 to 16 mpg around town, 17 to 19 on the highway.

Lift back seats 1/2" and mold a storage bin under the seats. I store lots of stuff under my back seats, but would like a built in bin to keep it organized. Put metal on top of tailgate to resist lumber scratches on top of short bed tailgate when hauling 8' 2x4s.

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
By Shaun

Overall this is a great truck! It's nice to drive a big truck and have all the luxury options to go with it. I can haul almost anything and everything, and still enjoy all of its interior features. The ride is smooth and quiet. The exterior looks sporty and there are many upgrades and accessories that you can to the style of your choosing.

I love the interior in my truck and additional features that it provides. This was the only truck that had leather seats, captian chairs, floor shifter, moonroof, back-up parking sensors, fog lights, power rear- sliding window, etc.

Needs better gas mileage! Also, the OEM tires wear out and need to be changed soon. The back seats could be more comfortable, and there is no adjustments to the back seats. Lastly, the warranty could be better.