Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Still flying in my FX4
By j.m.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well it's still going strong for me. Thanks to trailering about 8000lbs worth of horses from Jersey to Ohio, Virginia, etc. I now have close to 70,000 miles on it. I also pull my 66 Mustang to shows with it. What can I say, still in love. So much my other half bought an 08 Super Crew with the long bed. Mine is still squeek and rattle free. That suspension does it all, rides great, handles great, and hauls and tows like a beast. Sure, New Tundra is fast, but it is a tin can. Come on, "triple tech frame?' What is that? The Fords fully boxed frame from stem to stern rocks. The 5.4L does not really get bogged down when hauling or towing. Best truck ever!

Fully boxed frame, 3 valve motor for towing/hauling, Great interior with great seats, audiophile sound system, suspension and steering, brakes saved my life while trailering my dad's boat up Rt 80 in PA when a semi jack-knife in front of me while doing 65mph, 4x4 awesome in snow & muddy dirt roads.

Not much. I mean I have spent a lot of time in this truck over the last couple years and I love it. The seat fabric tends to get dirty quickly, maybe make the air conditioning a little more powerful for there is a lot of glass. Not much to dislike. I love the trucks and it still looks great.

Love the truck, But she's thirsty.
By Patry

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but fun driving the truck. Is hard on gas. But it might be the sound of the exhaust and the cold air intake you want to hear.

Too many too list. It's very practical and comfortable

As always fuel economy, and mildly slugish.

Great truck
By jeffk123

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great for towing a twenty eight foot camper. Very agile for such a large vehicle. The triton 5.4 v8 is a great engine.

On the fly four wheel drive, body style looks great.

Better design for the spark plugs, they tend to break off in the head of the engine.

A former loyal Ford Customer
By Ray Lane

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had a lot of problems with the drive train on this vehicle. Rear end problems started at around 13,000 miles. Had 2 rear end rebuilds on this truck. Engine problems began around 60,000 miles. Had cam problems. Cam eventually broke at 85,000 miles. Apparently a problem with this model Ford. Ford has not offerd to help repair.

Intererior is made of quality materials. Drive is very comfortable.

Extend warranty on drive train to match that of Dodge. 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty is needed on this vehicle.

The truck of all trucks!
By Big Nail

I traded in my 1999 F250 gasser for this truck and never looked back. This truck is perfect for me inside and out. I love the red exterior with the black interior (I'm a Georgia fan, GO DAWGS!).

A few people knock the 5.4L 3V engine, saying it has no power. That's bull in my opinion! The heated mirrors, parking aid, and steering response are just a few great features that I love about this truck.

The only thing I can think of is the fuel mileage. It could be a little better.