Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

recall on all ford 4 wheel drive
By donnys

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my ford f150 in 2007,
it had 32000 miles.
About 3 month later
the 4 wheel drive went out,
ya 5000 miles later.
I called ford to find out what they would do for me.
The customer service was very poor and rude. They wanted to charge me $100 to find out what is wrong with it, on top of what it would cost to fix it. I don't care about paying to have them fix it but to charge me an extra $100 just to find out whats wrong,
come on now.
After I just payed $30,000 for a truck 3 months early.
Toyota
doesn't pull that.
I like the truck but, the 4 wheel drive has big problems,
and customer service suck!!!
Going back to Toyota.

outside looks nice. fun to drive, and it was comfortable.

customer service, 4 wheel drives, buttons on the radio " the paints peeling", stop charging people extra money to find out whats wrong with the vehicle when everyone is having the same problems.

Built Ford tough!
By theboss3350

2005 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 05 f150 v6 back in 2009 and has never giving me any problems. It started off at 19,000 miles and just hit 70,000.This truck is great if your looking for something dependable and big. my only problem would be the lack of power and torque. It is very safe too I got rear ended by a expedition at a red light and it only made a small dent in my bumper. The passenger air bag also shuts off when a child is in the front, this feature could save a life.

Lift assist on the tailgate, powerful AC / heater, interior lights cut off after a few min to keep battery from dieing if someone forgets to turn off a light .

More Horsepower !!!!!!

let the buyer beware.....
By ritch5

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

i'll start by telling that i am a ford motor company retiree with over 30+ years on the assembly line. my 2005 f-150 has lived up to the problems common to the 5.4L engine. sparkplug issues, timing and cam phasor issues, and a bad cylinder head to name a few. all difficult and expensive to repair. i have confirmed many of these problems with ford dealer mechanics, and private repair shop mechanics. as a group they all confirm that engine issues are becoming a big problem for 2005-2008 ford trucks, vans, and large suv's. the real problem lies with the manufacturer. ford is not backing up their claims of top quality and reliability. what a shame that they deny their responsibility!!!!

i'll also add that i'm sure most ford products are highly reliable and good quality. i like my trucks comfort, good ride, handling, towing capacity, and space.

ford definitely needs to address the mechanical issues common to the 5.4L engine and drivetrain. better gas mileage would also help a lot.

Love my Ford
By dlpadilla1

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

God, what to say about this truck.........oh yeah, AWESOME!!
I owned this beast for three years before trading her in and that was only due to gas prices........got to the point where I started crying at the pump.
The drive quality was great, really smooth ride.
The interior was very spacious for my two kids, wife and myself.
It definately had power which was evident by the two sets of BFG All-terrains I went through in 11 months, very expensive and stupid replacement, but fun!!
Driving up north was a blast, especially uphill, always had power on tap for passing..........please people, stay to the right!

Shift on the fly 4 wheel drive was great, driving back roads.........oh shit deep mud, shift right on over to 4WD high and blast my way through it. Sunroof was definately nice for those nice nights letting the cool breeze flow into the cab. Sliding rear window saved me from having to call a locksmith on a couple of occasions, just slid my 7 yr old son in and viola, doors unlocked. Last but not least was power, it was easy to add bolt ons and extract more power from the motor, why I faced a $2000 tire replacement in 11 months.

Hahaha, of course, more power out the gates.

Hands Down the Best!
By mdokell

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many differant makes and this truck does it all! Even gets good gas mileage on the highway. It tows, huals, and drives like a dream. No issues with maintenence, quality is throughout this truck.

The ease of 4X4, ride and power.