Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

awesome truck
By grd2083

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck for my wife and baby on the way. Safety features are incredible and ride comfort is outstanding. I am very particular about my trucks and have combed over this one front to back and I have to say that the overall quality is unsurpassed. This is the best investment I have ever made. If you are hesitating because you want to drive other makes, DON'T waste your time. This truck is not the fastest 0-60 but can out pull, or haul any other. Not to mention very stylish,roomy, and quiet.

Safety features from passenger airbag sensor to five star crash rating and adjustable petals that will allow my wife to sit back away from the airbag in her last few months of pregnancy.

Only that I wish the bed was longer, but I believe they have extended it on the 2006's.

FX4
By GD

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

FX4 with leveling kit, cold intake, Magnaflow dual exhaust. The throttle response is much better with modifications and even a little better gas mileage.

Audiophile sound system, sunroof.

Body panels seem thinner than my 2001 and there are no door guard moldings. I already have a large door ding.

Bad Truck
By 4myranch

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything you want. The interior is the best designed set up in terms of convenience. Quiet ride and great sound system are a plus. I took it off road twice already and it was playing in the mud and had no problems at all in what I put it through. An outstanding new truck. Well done Ford!

Interior design and leather seats. Also the height of the vehicle makes it really stand out in public.

Scanning back on the radio should be an added feature when using the steering wheel buttons; it's not there. A leveling kit should be standard to even out the weak factory appearance of the front end.

Love my truck!
By Kat L.

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had to get a new truck that fit the teens, pulled a trailer, fit the dogs, was comfortable and a good looking work horse. This truck fit the bill and I just love it. Gas mileage is better than I expected; I've averaged 18 in town and up to 25 over the road, and it spends a lot of time on the road. It pulls very well and has no trouble with the hills. It's driver AND passenger friendly.

I really like the suicide rear doors, kids can't open the doors and jump out before you're ready and there is plenty of seating space in the back seat. The doors sound like real doors closing, not tin cans. It's a great truck.

The mirrors are hard to put extensions on for towing unless you replace the whole mirror. I don't want extended mirrors all the time. It was also hard to find a good place to mount my CB antenna; I finally put it on the outside of the rear bumper using a ball mount.

Awesome Truck
By Andy

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The looks and ride are second to none. I drove the Tacoma, and the Silverado before I bought this one. Just can't say enough great things about this truck. I get compliments from neighbors and coworkers. The interior is laid out nicely, with very user friendly controls. I almost look forward to going to work just so I can drive it there.

Power rear windows, heated rear view mirrors, stereo system, interior room, comfortable ride, no road noise, turn signals on the rear view mirrors, comfortable arm rests, sliding rear window, roomy rear seat, stereo system sound, and the list goes on and on...

Fuel economy. I get about 15 mpg in the city.