Used 2005 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Lariat F150
By Bob

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted an upgrade from the 1995 basic F150 I traded in. I feel good riding in it, looking at it, washing it and getting numerous complements. I plan on keeping this one longer then the previous truck.

Paint and back-up warning sound.

Light to see to put your key in at night.

Great Ride - Poor Brakes
By D. Whiddon

Very enjoyable to drive but I have had to replace the brake rotors twice in 15 months. Brake dust is also a nuisance. Fit and finish are nice, very comfortable to drive. Gas mileage is poor - but you have to expect that when you purchase this vehicle.

Comfortable seats, sound system, DVD player,

figure out a way to be able to recline the back seat at least a couple of inches for added comfort on long trips.

LOVE MY FORD F150
By MARTHA

I have had this truck for 8 months and love every inch of it. Well worth the money and it is just a beauty to drive and own. This makes my third truck and love it more than any vehicle I have ever owned. This is the 6th Ford truck in my family over the past 20 years. My dad and brothers drive Fords. After all -- is there any other truck out there?

Where do I start? Looks, it looks great and I get compliments on it all of the time. It drives like a dream and very smooth -- not like most trucks. Love the stereo, size of engine, height of bed, seats are comfy too and interior is beautiful. Love the gauges and all the features you could want.

Perhaps the vents for the defrost could be utilized by the air conditioner as well? I really don't know what they could do to improve this truck -- it has it all!

Love my truck
By julia cancio

We looked at all the trucks in the market . Drove them all this truck is so quiet you can drive all day an never get tired. In the first week we put 2500 miles on it . My husband love it so much he got one too. The best thing about it was the day we test drove it and did a quick stop and the salesman hit the back of my seat. It stopped better than the Tundra; we almost hit a car in that test drive.

The power, the tail gate, the four doors, so much leg room, the seats, the dash, the power sunroof and slider.

Needs to have a cargo box in the back, some 20's would be nice, a 6 disc CD changer, and a GPS.

My Ford
By Michael G Strother

I have owned my truck for only two months. The comfort and initial quality of the vehicle are outstanding. It provides a smooth quiet ride and plenty of power to get the job done. The steering and handling are superb, especially considering the size of the vehicle. The appearance and styling of the vehicle is second to none. No other truck on the market, in my opinion, can match the tough, bold, appearance of the Ford.

My truck has all the features that I require of any vehicle. They are: power windows and automatic door locks, 6 disc CD changer, heated leather seats, power driver and passenger seats, steering wheel controls for auto climate, cruise, and radio controls.

The only improvement that I would like to see is better gas mileage. I don't know how realistic that is considering the size and weight of the vehicle.