Used 2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 322 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

What happened to Ford?
By letgomyeggo

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Where do I begin. I brought my truck brand new and I take very good care of it. At 3000 miles, starter goes out and I have to have it towed from work. Next, black emblem paint chips off and steering column begins to rattle. Next, computer chip goes out and I have to have it towed again. Transmission begins slipping and rust is starting to form underneath all doors from bad welding. Air Conditioner leaking inside cab now on passenger side. Transmission is still slipping and now I have a clunk in the rear end when I come to a stop and start to go. I am not at 34700 miles and the warranty is getting ready to expire. Give me a Dodge now!

Exterior. Body styling.

Take more pride is workmanship. Offer FX4 interior to XLT.

2005 F-150
By John

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides well. More than adequate power and torque for pulling a full size bass boat (my primary reason for purchasing).

The limited slip differntial is my favorite option, making slippery boat ramps or snowy roads no problem. I also like the heated side view mirrors for winter driving in Nebraska.

I think a nice improvement would be to have audio controls in the steering wheel.

Best Truck on the Road
By a truck guy

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

For the money I believe it is the best truck on the road. I don't have a complaint. The interior has all the options including leather, heated seats, and dvd system with headphones and remote. No problems with build or options. Solid as a rock. I have had it a year and a half and the ride is great, tons of room in front and the back for my passengers. I have slept in the back on long trips. The captain's chairs are huge and comfortable. 300 hp is plenty and going the speed limit on highway gets me 20 mpg or better. Back up sensor is great option. All vehicles should have it.

The leather interior looks and smells great, the DVD player is great for my children and the sound system can make you jump with a good DVD movie playing. Of course, the back up sensor is great for peace of mind and not hitting anything.

None

Have you driven a Ford lately!
By sixduces

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Ford pickups since 1975. Each has been better than the last. I needed a 4 door this time to carry around my grand children. The cab is like a car, roomy and plush. It has given me great service with no need to take it to the shop. Overall, I give it a 9 out of 10

No mechanical problems at all, roomy, comfortable, quiet, and great to drive.

Fuel economy needs improvement , but for the size of the vehicle it's OK.

Great Pickup for the family
By ace

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good family truck. It has room for my wife and three sons. Great for vacations and fishing trips.

Sunroof, 6 staker CD changer, Heated front seats, and all leather seats.

Better gas mileage