Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Awesome
By Phil71185

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just picked it up last week and all I can say is wow. I already loaded my 4-wheeler in it and took it out hunting with me. It had no problem at all climbing any of the hills or going down the logging trail that my 2001 Nissan had. It's also a lot better on gas than I thought it would be. 250 miles on it so far and just a little under half a tank left. Would recommend it to anyone. It's one awesome truck.

Extremely large center console and in dash cd changer.

Onboard 120v outlets.

FX4
By GD

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

FX4 with leveling kit, cold intake, Magnaflow dual exhaust. The throttle response is much better with modifications and even a little better gas mileage.

Audiophile sound system, sunroof.

Body panels seem thinner than my 2001 and there are no door guard moldings. I already have a large door ding.

Love my truck!
By Kat L.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had to get a new truck that fit the teens, pulled a trailer, fit the dogs, was comfortable and a good looking work horse. This truck fit the bill and I just love it. Gas mileage is better than I expected; I've averaged 18 in town and up to 25 over the road, and it spends a lot of time on the road. It pulls very well and has no trouble with the hills. It's driver AND passenger friendly.

I really like the suicide rear doors, kids can't open the doors and jump out before you're ready and there is plenty of seating space in the back seat. The doors sound like real doors closing, not tin cans. It's a great truck.

The mirrors are hard to put extensions on for towing unless you replace the whole mirror. I don't want extended mirrors all the time. It was also hard to find a good place to mount my CB antenna; I finally put it on the outside of the rear bumper using a ball mount.

Awesome Truck
By Andy

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The looks and ride are second to none. I drove the Tacoma, and the Silverado before I bought this one. Just can't say enough great things about this truck. I get compliments from neighbors and coworkers. The interior is laid out nicely, with very user friendly controls. I almost look forward to going to work just so I can drive it there.

Power rear windows, heated rear view mirrors, stereo system, interior room, comfortable ride, no road noise, turn signals on the rear view mirrors, comfortable arm rests, sliding rear window, roomy rear seat, stereo system sound, and the list goes on and on...

Fuel economy. I get about 15 mpg in the city.

We're pleased in Clifton, Virginia!
By Dave and Ann

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2005 Lariat is a well built luxury full size pick up without the Lincoln LT price. We note excellent workmanship with no rattles, loose trim, or mechanical problems after 4,000 miles. We receive lots of positive comments from friends, neighbors, and strangers. The 2005 has improved safety and structural integrity over our two previous F-150's a 1997 and a 2001. The 2005 has more power for towing than our previous 2001 5.4. The 2005 has excellent driveability and is very comfortable on long trips. You are only reminded that you are driving a full size truck when you stop to fill the gas tank (14-19mpg range), but with the need to occasionally pull a horse trailer there is no better option!

Truck like integrity with luxury car features: power rear windows, upgraded sound system with automatic volume adjustment and powered subwoofer, rear window defrost, climate control, the tailgate torsion bar (one hand operation) and the cost effective factory installed tow package. One nice package!

Add as standard equipment: locking metal gas lid, color key body side moldings, color key rear view mirrors, stool to stand on to lift items into bed! Add as options: XM radio, Onstar service, and fiberglass lid. Upgrade quality of carpet & carpeted floor mats and bumper chrome. Improve gas mileage!