Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bad Truck
By 4myranch

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has everything you want. The interior is the best designed set up in terms of convenience. Quiet ride and great sound system are a plus. I took it off road twice already and it was playing in the mud and had no problems at all in what I put it through. An outstanding new truck. Well done Ford!

Interior design and leather seats. Also the height of the vehicle makes it really stand out in public.

Scanning back on the radio should be an added feature when using the steering wheel buttons; it's not there. A leveling kit should be standard to even out the weak factory appearance of the front end.

The new truck
By Drjoe

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

As my first pickup truck this one is great fun on and off road. It carries and tows anything I own. The interior is great. The exterior looks great. It even fits into my garage. The fuel economy is not good averaging 11.5mpg around town and about 15 mpg on the highway towing my boat. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

Car-like handling and shift on the fly 4wd.

Better fuel economy.

2004 FX4 Great Vehicle
By Matt Vinzant

This is a very dependable truck, i love to drive it, and I love the way it looks. It has great handling, and ride quality. It tows a trailer like there is nothing behind it.

I like the way it it big and bold, with a modern interior design.

A little faster.

2005 F-150 SuperCrew
By dironk

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It has been a very good truck. I like driving it better than my wife's Infiniti FX-35. She likes riding in it better too. Anytime I ask her which one we are going to take she always says the truck, it's more comfortable. I wished it got a little better mileage; I'm getting 17 to 20. My 2001 SuperCrew got a little better mileage, ran a lot better and had zero problems with it also.

The 6CD/MP3 player and the whole layout of the interior. Great ride, rides better than a car and will hold or haul a lot more.

Better mileage, radio controls are not very well thought out, hate the new tilt steering wheel lever, needs white gauges, hate the drive by wire -- there is too much pause when you push the gas pedal down. What was wrong with having an accelerator cable?

Luv this truck
By RJ in Tejas

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 25,000 miles in one year, am averaging 19.5 on hgwy w/o AC. Drives like a sedan; even my wife loves driving it (when I let her). Wish I ordered a bed extender.

Ride, interior ergonomics, sound system, good MPG (for a truck), and great looks.

More storage under rear seats; more guts but with a 6 speed auto transmission.