Used 2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

150
By Charlotte Sowell

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Ford 150 - hope to upgrade soon. Only thing I feel needs improving in seat covers, they stain too easy. Smooth ride for pick up and excellent view of the road. I will buy another one as soon as I am able.

View of road, comfort, style, bed depth.

Quality of seat covers.

looks great
By C.W.

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the 6.5 ft stepside bed with the extended cab look. Awesome looking vehicle, especially in black. Many people complain about the 4.6L power... but unless you are racing your truck, it is more than adequate. You can't expect 0-60's like a sports car in a full size pick up. The power has been more than adequate for me, the transmission gets it moving just fine. I got 17.7mpg on a recent 500 mile trip. Get the 35 gallon fuel tank, well worth it with the low MPG. I get about 15 day to day, which is what I am used to so it doesn't bother me much. Nice heavy truck, solid, and almost silent in the cab. Looks much more stylish than any other full size out there.

Stepside bed, center console. 3 12 volt outlets. Smoothest ride around. Quietest ride around. Easy lift tail gate can be raised with a finger.

Do something about the horrendous brake dust situation. When I had 300 miles on it, the front wheels looked like it was a ten year old vehicle. Power on the 4.6L I believe was boosted in '06, so that is good.

good choice
By will

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

F-150 has a lot of upgrades from the previous body style. Better interior, more safety and anti-theft devices.

My favorite feature is the security upgrades. I had a 1997 F-150 and it was too easy for thieves to steal.

Make the front seats thinner so there is more leg\knee room for rear cab passengers.

F-150 Review
By Christopher

I've owned my F-150 for almost a year now. I've never been unhappy with my purchase. It has the horsepower I need to haul my camper around the country and it is a smooth ride.

I love the tow-and-go package. The interior design is also well done.

The fuel economy could be improved. That's the only thing that kills me.

2005 STX
By William

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Going from my 2002 F150 XL to the 2005 STX felt like a big step up. It feels good to drive: feels heavy, solid and quiet. Handles great in the snow. On the down side, the pickup is not very good with the 4.6 V8; at least not as good as my 02 was with a 5 speed and 4.2 V6.

5" of additional depth in the cab (although it's difficult to reach the rear window), CD/cassette combo.

The pickup can't compare to my 02 F150 (5 speed with V6). I'm tall, 6'3", I wish my seat went back another inch or two. I really liked the rear seats in my 98 F150, the way they folded down, not up like the new F150 has; that really limits usable space. 15 MPG hurts right now!