Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 317 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Very happy
By Bob

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my 2004 F-150. We use to to pull our 30' camper and never have had an issue with it. People even stop me and say, "you pull that camper with that truck"? The drawback is the 8 mpg when pulling. I have towed from Michigan to Mammoth Caves, to Maine and to Virginia and never had a problem. The interior is very nice for a truck and the black trim holds up very well.

Towing capacity, interior, body style

A/C needs to be colder, usually have to run on Max. A/C & Max A/C indicator lights are not bright enough in the day light.

Ford spark plug problems
By Jim

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Really have liked the truck bought new and its many features. Truck is a supercab and it's very comfortable. However it's latest feature - spark plugs that blow completely out of the engine- have really changed my mind about Ford's build quality or lack thereof. Not only is it absurd that a spark plug can blow out of the engine but equally absurd how much it costs to repair. Ford recommends replacing the defective aluminum head with a new defective aluminum head rather than owning up the problem and recalling the many vehicles with their modular engine. Just search 'blown out spark plug' and witness the amount of complaints with both trucks and cars with this engine.

Look, interior layout, and comfort.

A reliable engine with spark plugs that stay in the engine. Better gas mileage.

Dependable
By Dependible

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. It has good power and it is a very smooth and quiet cab. While the fuel effeciency is poor at best, the truck is awesome.

The leather seats, and dashboard looks very nice.

While I love to have the windows down, sometimes I have to blast the music so I dont hear the brakes squeaking. The brakes are fine but the brake dust is just simply anoying.

Luv My Lariat
By WVJim

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a used Lariat Crew 4X4. I love it! It handles like a car, much better turning radius than any other truck I've driven. I feel confident when I buckle my kids in the back seat that they are safe! I think my wife loves it more than I do.

Quiet ride, great power, turning radius, handling, reverse sensing, sunroof, memory sets, steering wheel audio controls, power slide rear window, heated power mirrors, leather seats,

Four speed tranny? C'mon lets go with five or even six, gas mileage could be better

If you are looking for a real truck
By Ford Truckin

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes, you get less than 20 MPG. Yes, the suspension is hard, but if you want a real truck and all that implies, this is the truck for you. If you want a Lexus, go buy a Lexus. I love this truck. It feels strong and smooth on the highway, in town driving and hauling. If you need power all you have to do is press harder on the pedal. I love this truck and have had no problems at all.

The step side looks good! Power and performance are great.

Only if Ford can make it fly above traffic.