Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 669 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Watch Out for Spark Plugs
By mwd

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Good: Awesome looks and terrific interior room for 5 people that can also pull a boat. Great comfort. The Bad: Transmission has had trouble with leaking seals and shakes intermittently on the road. Spark plugs!! Really bad design. Even Ford mechanics can't get them out routinely without breaking them off in the cylinder head. You get the charge for the additional labor to fish them out. Changing plugs on this model can cost anywhere from $500 to $1500! If you buy this truck used, make sure this has already been done or take it into account when pricing.

Looks and comfort.

Better transmission. Get off those spark plugs.

Third Brake Light
By sparky357

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I need to replace the gasket in the third brake assembly and Cannot buy just the gasket.Ford sells only the entire light assembly ($65.00)for maybe a $5.00 gasket. If you change the bulbs you need to change the gasket. In my case it leaked inside and now the back sliding window doesn't work. Their way of thinking I would need to just buy a whole new truck. This is my last ford. Never again and I have owned fords for fifty years.

seats

Make consumable parts available at a reasonable price. Don't put screws that can leak on top of the truck.

ford f 150 stx 4x4
By larissa

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my truck two months ago and the rear rotors, breaks, and axle seals went.. this was a 800 fix i'm very disappointed with the dealership as they told me it was just saftyed

smooth to drive, nice exterior,

SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

The new body style definetly caught my eye, and the leather interior was a great extra.

better pricing on replacment parts. Locking center console and glove box for security.

Powerful, Reliable, and Great Looking
By Fordtrucks#1

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 10,0000 miles on my F-150 FX4 in the 7 months since I got it. I wanted a reliable truck to take to college, & I am sure this truck will get me through college and then some, which I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 5.4l V8 has great power along with good gas mileage for a truck(I avg. 15-17 mpg.) It's very sharp, and I have got lots of compliments on its looks at my high school. I am at 87k miles and no problems whatsoever. The interior and exterior are the sharpest of any truck I,ve seen, and the ride is very smooth to. I am very pleased with my truck, and my next truck will definately be a Ford.

Exterior is extremely sharp. Interior is sharp, comfortable and practical. Power adjustable pedals are cool. 5.4l V8 performance is great. FX4 Off Road decals are sharp, and it does well on/off road. Overall quality is great, and it is a very reliable truck.

Heavier duty seat cloth would be nice, other than that this style of truck is flawless.