Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 319 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

looks. Versatility of 4 door

Install another companies transmission. Ford trans are knowingly an issue for decades!!!! But then again, we still have political elections.

not bad so far
By t

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just now started driving the truck so far so good. lots of room and nace looks. when you punch it its slow as ever with the 5.4L. I love the deep bed and looks. I never owned a ford so idk what to expect. its deffantaly not a race truck.

looks, smoothness, ride quality

more power, closer radio panel, better a/c vents, lift the front up some too much nose diving

SKIP THE F-150
By hillbilly

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck with 40,000 miles on it. It is a nice looking truck but looks are deceiving. It drives nice and rides good but the motor went out at 86,000 miles. The 32 valve 5.4 triton is a total disaster V-8 design. The overhead cam wore a keeper off of a valve and it fell into the cylinder ruining the motor. I opted to buy a used engine and still spent over $3,000 getting it back on the road. Also, the rear suspension is soft for hauling heavy loads. Truck now has 107,000 miles on it and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Another thing the front end brake rotors are garbage. I finally went to a salvage yard and got a set off a 07 model and so far are much better quality.

Overall appearance, ride, and quietness on the highway

New motor, Brakes, more comfortable seats, better rear suspension.

Love Hate
By tripht

I am a fan of Ford and I do enjoy my F150. However there has been some short cuts in the engineering of this truck. I've had issues with the window motors, warped exhaust manifolds, replacing brake rotors after 42K and the rear end binding around corners. However I've towed my boat from Seattle to Page, AZ and back with no problems.

I enjoy so the layout of the interior controls. Every control seems to be right where I would have put it.

I would suggest Ford stop installing cheap window motors and figure out their rear end binding. I added a Flowmaster exhaust and it really brings the truck to life. I also added the Firestone airbags. They really help with the camper. Oh and ditch the OE tires. BFG AT KO's have been fantastic.

Must have been on a Monday
By Donna

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven Ford vehicles for the 20 years. I like the style, ergonomics, ride, dependibility of each Ford product I have owned. However, my F-150 Lariat Super Cab, 2wd,5.4liter V8 has been and still continues to be a lemon. From the very beginning it has had a bad viberation. I have had 5 sets of tires, three drive shafts, 2 rear pioion gears, trans.rebuilt new trans., 2,radio /6 cd changers, speaker problems, auto rear sildiging window. These were all while it was still warranty. Ford engineers even came from somewhere out of state to try to find the promblem. They can't find out what is wrong. Ford really let me down. I'm not aginst Ford prod. this one just not right from the start.

Leathers seats, comfort, height, interior space is for dirve and passanger is very comfortable, sound system, (once repaired), auto drivers seat and pedal adjustment, keyless enrty, door key pad, instrument set up, all controls for dirver are comfortable reach, 18" wheels/tires

The standard jack calapsed the first time it was used. Needs a beefy jack for a beefy truck. Needs running boards, AC/vents need to be improved, while local driving the truck never gets cool and rear passangers never get cool/warm, storage under back seat to carry jump cables ,first aid kit, tools