Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 669 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck!
By Bill

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Don't say anything about the fuel economy. You don't buy a 6000 pound truck and expect 30 mpg! This is a solid truck and even after 6 years, I still love it. I don't drive it that much, but it has been very reliable. The only real problem was the rear end, which had to be replaced by the dealer after about 4000 miles. When they put it back together, they forgot to lube the yoke which caused the drive shaft to go bad. All these were done under warranty at the dealer. Other than that, no problems at all (knock on wood). It's easy to understand why this truck sells so well.

Comfort, styling, reliability.

Maybe a little less plastic on the interior.

Ford Trucks Not of this "Realm"
By Michael A. Ruiz

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my truck 6 years 150,000 miles not a single problem. have towed and hauled and I will say that you do not feel what you are towing or hauling, like other trucks especially when cornering or coming into and out of curves. Power yes everyone wants more power but when using your truck for recreational or light to medium work you cant beat "Ford" its like this truck was made somewhere else like another realm or world, where quality is all they do :-). if you need to haul heavy work loads then get a F-250 or F-350 which these trucks are hard to beat in the "Big Mans World of heavy haulers". oh!! by the way my 4.6 V-8 gets 24 miles per gal with the K/N air filter as the only add on.

love the looks of this truck and the ride quality, you feel like your in a luxury car. Truck feels solid and secure and the fact that should you have an unfortunate accident you will survive it. I have seen many a trucks in accidents that look like they where made of tin

Ford has hit it out of this world with this new redesign in all categories.

Engine Problem
By Eric

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 XLT 5.4 Crew Cab something in the engine broke around 77,800mi when I was doing about 45mph. Tow it to the dealership to have them look at it. They believe the crank broke because it does not turn. The dealership contacted Ford to see about help with the problem and Ford said out of warranty its their problem. New engine thru Ford around $5,000 then labor it would cost $7,400. I also talked to the reginal rep. for Ford that takes care of Gorno Ford and she said you're out of warranty. I told her that I know I am out of warranty but I should get more then 78,000mi after spending over $32,000 dollars. I ask to talk to her boss and said she has no boss to answer to. FORD TOUGH

Looks good sitting in my backyard, to bad I can't drive it. If I knew I had to spend $40,000 in six years I would have brought a F-350 or Hummer

Work with their customer to fix problems that are major like this and it should not matter if you do your own oil changes. The dealer charges over $30.00 and thats for 5qt of oil. Buy Motorcraft oil 7qt and filter for around $18.00. Do the math when money is tight.

Ford That Has Done It's Job
By F150 Crew Cab4WD Sty

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been most of the time a pleasure to own. Now have 256,000 miles on this truck. Has performed well with the exception of the famous spark plug issue. Dealer broke off two plugs had to pull head to repair. Very expensive experience. Dealer was not willing to accept the bulk of the expense. Have replaced rear axle seals. After this many miles should expect some repairs.

Style comfort. On the road most every day in my job. Like extra room in back seat. Four wheel drive has been very helpful. Comfortable to drive. Heated seats great for a bad back.

Needs a few cosmetics up grades. Lock on center console and glove box would be nice.

First amd last Ford!
By Mad ford owner!!!!

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Truck was ok till it hit about 100,000 four wheel drive went out, engine blew and rear end shuttered during turns. Every mechanic I talked to said this is not uncommon for the 5.4 after 100,000 the oil pumps quit and the engine self destructs, Ford knows they got a problem and wont fix it sounds like Toyota to me.

It's gone I don't own it anymore.

Don't buy a f150!