Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 317 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Third Brake Light
By sparky357

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I need to replace the gasket in the third brake assembly and Cannot buy just the gasket.Ford sells only the entire light assembly ($65.00)for maybe a $5.00 gasket. If you change the bulbs you need to change the gasket. In my case it leaked inside and now the back sliding window doesn't work. Their way of thinking I would need to just buy a whole new truck. This is my last ford. Never again and I have owned fords for fifty years.

seats

Make consumable parts available at a reasonable price. Don't put screws that can leak on top of the truck.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By roland

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck, and with some personnal touches, its looking GOOD!! Surpisingly, I get about 17-18 mpg (city), and 19 to 20(hwy). My best was 21 mpg on the hwy, not bad. Only problem I had so far was a bad window motor, at $300 plus labor.. Other then that this truck has been too sweet.

The new body style definetly caught my eye, and the leather interior was a great extra.

better pricing on replacment parts. Locking center console and glove box for security.

Powerful, Reliable, and Great Looking
By Fordtrucks#1

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've put 10,0000 miles on my F-150 FX4 in the 7 months since I got it. I wanted a reliable truck to take to college, & I am sure this truck will get me through college and then some, which I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. The 5.4l V8 has great power along with good gas mileage for a truck(I avg. 15-17 mpg.) It's very sharp, and I have got lots of compliments on its looks at my high school. I am at 87k miles and no problems whatsoever. The interior and exterior are the sharpest of any truck I,ve seen, and the ride is very smooth to. I am very pleased with my truck, and my next truck will definately be a Ford.

Exterior is extremely sharp. Interior is sharp, comfortable and practical. Power adjustable pedals are cool. 5.4l V8 performance is great. FX4 Off Road decals are sharp, and it does well on/off road. Overall quality is great, and it is a very reliable truck.

Heavier duty seat cloth would be nice, other than that this style of truck is flawless.

Buy American made? Ford ads are lies
By Craig

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Same as most reviews. Ford has failed. Looks are great, but deceiving. Transmission issues from day 1 with same response from dealership, "couldn't find a problem". Now big problems post warranty. Rear differential - truck shudders upon takeoff from a turning start. 1st Ford needed new engine. Guess I'll buy foreign. So what if economy worsens and jobs are lost, atleast I'll have a truck that runs. Ford has lost all integrity

looks. Versatility of 4 door

Install another companies transmission. Ford trans are knowingly an issue for decades!!!! But then again, we still have political elections.

not bad so far
By t

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just now started driving the truck so far so good. lots of room and nace looks. when you punch it its slow as ever with the 5.4L. I love the deep bed and looks. I never owned a ford so idk what to expect. its deffantaly not a race truck.

looks, smoothness, ride quality

more power, closer radio panel, better a/c vents, lift the front up some too much nose diving