Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Make sure it's what you want
By george

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned several pickup trucks from different manufacturers. Make sure you buy one that you need. The F-150 has the best frame in the business. But what good is that if the drivetrain self-destructs? You're left with a large paper weight in your driveway. For me, the Tundra would have been a better choice. Even with its less developed frame, it is much more reliable. But you can't get $11,000 off msrp on a Toyota.

Quiet and smooth ride. Powerful engine.

This truck emits noises that have made me kiss the ground if I make it home. Ford has to go back to work on the drive train. I'll look at another F-150 in about three Toyotas.

Look at another manufacturer
By der9765

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owed 3 Ford trucks. I will not own a 4th. Ford failed miserably with this redesign. Problems I have are: Water leak on passenger side, replaced IWE solenoid and both ruined wheel ends $750, Rebuild rear due to loud whine $800, fix cam phasers (makes the 5.4 engine sound like a diesel) for $1300. These bills does not include the rotors that need repaired and the calipers that need replaced. Check the Ford TSBs. They are aware of these major problems but offer no assistance with repairs. They must be major issues because on 2 of my 3 repairs the parts were backordered. Trust me - Do NOT own an F-150 that is out of warranty. If it is under warranty, be ready to be without your truck - A LOT.

Interior styling.

Step up to the plate and back your customers on obvious design flaws.

Cost of Ownership
By jk123

Bought my 2004 F-150 SuperCrew new. Had to make a decision between the Ford and the Nissan Titan, bad decision on my part as it turns out. Currently on my 5th set of tires at 61,000 miles, had to replace brake rotors during the first break job, the tranny slips and Ford has not been any help. The customer service rep from Ford Motor Co. tells me they have done all they can do. The cost of ownership and the time spent taking this truck back and forth to the dealer is ridiculous. Sorry Ford, I have given up on you guys. If the Japanese want to take over the US truck market you should at least make them work for it and not just give it to them!

Driver's captain chairs and seat height is very comfortable.

Get your act together from an engineering perspective prior to making any more "improvements" related to the suspension system or rack and pinion steering. This truck EATS tires! If you are going to advertise 300HP I think the customer should expect 300HP, not the pseudo 300 this trucks puts out.

Good looking poor quality
By fbi08351

I love the way the SuperCrew looks and drives, however the workmanship is below par. I have had to replace the front drivers seat twice before the warranty expired because it was falling about at the seams. The back seat had to be replaced because water was leaking around the cargo light on the top. I was told this was a common problem. The seats stain if any liquid is spilled on them including water. Also had to have tranny repair at 25,000 miles. I am a business man that only uses vehicle for light duty.

I love the looks of the SuperCrew.

Interior seats need a make over.

Beware
By jc

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 97 Silverado for this truck. It was a serious mistake. I went from a 5.7L engine to the 5.4L and my mileage was 1/2. The power was much greater in the Silverado, and the ride was outstanding. The F-150 shakes at each stop, even with that big V8, the defrost and a/c seriously effect the engine. The plastic in the interior is cheap, and the seats are uncomfortable. My truck has the tow package, and with pulling a small Boy Scout trailer the trucks performance was greatly effected. My truck only has 63,000 miles on it. Best suggestion, look to another manufacturer for a better truck.

None.

Improve the power, and the cheap interior. Increase fuel economy. Fix the powertrain so the the truck doesn't vibrate every time you slow down or stop.