Used 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Impressed
By bigdog

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I worked for two summers to save up for my first car and I am so glad I chose this one. I payed about 2000 under KBB for the truck and am really happy with my purchase. The only problem I have noticed is that when large amounts of water run off of the back of the roof small amounts leak into the vehicle. I have since been informed that it is a defect with the upper brake light and will get it fixed soon. The four wheel drive is far beyond what I expected and I have pulled out two Dodge's and an FJ cruiser thus far. Soon to be lifted as well

The four wheel drive and off-road performance are surprising for a 5000 pound truck, the factory speaker system is much better than most other cars, and it is a true eye-catcher even at 5 years old.

Air conditioning defect causes minimal rust in glove compartment, but simply has to be cleaned (not often at all) and small leak in back window. Full potential of engine only felt at extreme rpms, but it allows for impressive fuel economy.

F150 4-Dr SuperCrew Lariat
By 4-Dr SuperCrew Laria

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Whilst the F150 looks great, the vehicle has experienced problems with the steering wheel "shimmy" at 65- 70mph. Also the electrical componemnt that controls the a/c, heated seats have failed?

Its look

How about a gear indicator in the dashbroad, it would be nice.

Great Truck
By Michael

2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One the highest quality vehicle I have ever owned. Only major issues after 65,000 miles were a bad solenoid for the locking hubs and a temp gauge that is 6 degrees off. OE tires were borderline, and interior cloth stains quite easily. Interior quality was much better before they sourced this stuff out (yes, I worked at Ford years ago and still hold the competency of the truck group high). This thing has been down a lot of washboard dirt roads and on rough narrow two tracks and is still tight. K&E filter helped gas mileage a bit. Go with the 6.5' bed if you haul any lumber or want to use the bed for overnighters.

Rear doors. Compass and outside temp gauges. Remote rear glass vent (mine didn't have it). Visibility (tall wide glass for off-road driving) - I would not take a Hummer where I took this thing (unless someone else covered the body damage and tow favors).

Storage bins under rear seats. Lower bed depth (would help bed access and rear vision). Narrower side mirrors (extendable for towing). A composite bed cover that does not increase bed height.

Great Truck
By VIRGIL PRICE

This truck is great. I bought it new and have only added dual exhaust, cold air, and a chip set at the low end of performance. What a difference these three items made. The truck is quiet and really a pleasure to drive. I will be getting another one this next month so I will have a new vehicle to pull behind my new motorhome.

The best feature of my F150 is the quiet ride. The truck is smooth on shifting. I have driven every truck out there because of my job and we all fought over who got the Fords.

There are two changes I would suggest to Ford. One, make a standard shift available with the 5.4. Second, offer more color options. I have wanted a true orange color for my last two trucks. Come on Ford!

First Year Woes
By slambertr

I just traded in my '04 F-150. Overall it was a great truck -- plenty of power, tons of room. But I encountered two issues that came with the first year of the new design -- tires wore excessively and rear parking brake stuck and caused a vibration. The dealer replaced the tires the first time but refused the second time. The dealer initially refused to fix the brake -- and then Ford "shared" the expense with me after I repeatedly complained (the dealer did not share in the cost). Overall, it was a good owning experience. Very big to park in shopping centers and poor gas mileage, but I knew that going in. Pulled our camper and hauled lots of stuff, in a comfortable and fun package.

Powerful engine, Nice interior, lots of space in cab.

Better help from dealer with known service issues.