Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 669 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My Lariat
By Miniracer

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A previous Chevy owner of over 30 years, I tried a Ford. This one had it all. Moon roof, power sliding rear window, even the windows on the extended doors are power. Stereo system is fantastic. The light color leather interior against the wood grain is striking. Everyone love this truck in and out and the two tone paint. It is reliable, powerful when hauling horse trailers, the ride is incredibly smooth. The construction is all they say it is. All the systems seem to work just fine.

Upgraded stereo, moon roof, power slide rear window is the best. Big deep bed. Deeper than Chevy. Locking tailgate. Heated mirrors.

Would like to see a softer, more cushy seat like the Chevy has. An extra open compartment in the dash for pens or whatever.

2004 F150
By michaeltk1

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has the standard 4.6 that has good power and torque but could be better. It is an XL model but came with a lot of standard features. It is minimal but it's what I like. But with a family of five I have to make sure everyone is comfortable when we all have to go in it and it does that well. I have only had one issue and that was with the trailer wiring and I will have to pay for that one myself because I didn't discover the defect until after the warranty expired! A longer warranty period would be nice. Overall it has been over 52,000 uneventful miles. I am planning my next Ford truck purchase and it will be an F250 or 350.

Standard 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS. Standard air and automatic transmission.

More horse power and torque. More tie down points in the bed. Roll down windows for the ex-cab rear door windows. Longer warranty; 3-36 is pretty weak -- had it gone in less than a year! Replacement tires for the XL were hard to find because of the size! I was limited to one brand.

Always Ford Tough
By Red

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I spent a little more money on the Ford instead of other brands out there because in 5 years from now I don't want to be spending any more money. It is an amazing vehicle and always will be.

Design and handling.

Better fuel economy, it's the only thing it needs to do.

Z Killa
By Yagi

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Fun truck to drive. Good handling and performance when purchased new. It only gets better with a lowering kit and a few performance bolt-ons. This is a performance truck with no equals when comparing cost. This truck is my daily driver that puts over 400 horses to the street. 20 minutes and a few bolts, I can increase boost from the supercharger for the track. Highly recommend traction bars and slicks for the strip. This truck rocks. I'm glad I got one of the last ones. You can get this one from me whenever you pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel.

Horsepower, handling.

Provide more factory options for lowering kits, supercharger options, wheels, etc. BTW - bring back the SVT Lightning!

Great Truck
By T Roach

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I can comfortably seat five adults for all but the longest trips. I added chrome step pipes to improve the truck's lines and to make it easier for us shortys to get in. My wife loves driving it too. With the 5.4L, I average about 16 mpg in mixed driving. Best highway performance has been about 18 mpg. However, the comfort, towing and hauling capacity, and reliability offset the slightly lower fuel mileage.

Super quiet ride.

Fuel economy. Maybe add a small diesel option.