Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 669 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Handsome Truck
By Roddy

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Three years old and looks new. No problems and good factory stereo.

4 wheel disc brakes and anti-lock were standard.

Open the door after a rain and water drops into the interior. Suggest better drip railing system.

f150
By joe

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a few problems with the truck. They were resolved by the dealer which is great. At 28000 miles the rear end was chattering, turned out the clutches were bad they fixed it under warranty. Two times now the air bag light was on and the sensor was replaced. The seat sensor for the air bag (passenger side) was bad and repaired. Other than that the truck is good.

Power, size of the interior, I am 6'6". Tows great.

back to Fords
By samson

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Recently purchased at 1 month, completely satisfied with purchase over Chevy Suburban. Reliable and decent fuel mileage for a truck. I use all my vehicles for intended usage. I may own a truck, however I use it to transport goods from one place to another.

Easy access and ride comfort and height. This truck uses the "KISS" method, keep it simple stupid.

Place a tachometer in all vehicles and include transmission temperature gauges. Install standard mininimum 500 power inverter port for cell phone/laptop use.

Make sure it's what you want
By george

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned several pickup trucks from different manufacturers. Make sure you buy one that you need. The F-150 has the best frame in the business. But what good is that if the drivetrain self-destructs? You're left with a large paper weight in your driveway. For me, the Tundra would have been a better choice. Even with its less developed frame, it is much more reliable. But you can't get $11,000 off msrp on a Toyota.

Quiet and smooth ride. Powerful engine.

This truck emits noises that have made me kiss the ground if I make it home. Ford has to go back to work on the drive train. I'll look at another F-150 in about three Toyotas.

Best Truck Built
By Bob

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck to haul around horses on a weekly basis. I put 60k miles on my truck in the last three years with 30k being in the first year alone. Never once has it acted up, skipped gears or made me feel uncomfortable while pulling horses or a box trailer. My father put over 200k on his before he sold it for a new one and I will do the same. I have never driven a truck that can outperform a Ford.

Quality of the build. No rattles down the highway, stays solid at slow speeds and fast.

Just one for all trucks, get me above 25mpg around town.