Used 2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nice truck
By mooseman

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This my first truck and I am sure glad it's a Ford F-150. This has been 100% reliable and lives up to it's built tough title. My truck will most likely be another Ford, if they can get the fuel efficiency up to that of the Toyota Tundra.

Interior.

Bigger engine, diesel!

Love my King Ranch but...
By TGP

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab King Ranch Rwd Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my King Ranch F150, no majar issues after 110K miles besides normal wear and tear with mechanical, brakes, etc. Interior leather is the best, will never own another truck besides Ford King Ranch! Only problem I had is rusting on the inside of lower door panels. Rust warranty would not cover that repair, dealer told me it had to be rsuted all the way through for warranty to cover which was upsetting to hear. I tried to repair myself but the rust along the inside edge keeps returning. I plan on buying a new 2009 King Ranch in a year, Ford builds a great truck!

King Ranch leather seats! Leather seats clean up great with King Ranch leather cleaner/conditioner. I have dogs that sometimes scratch the leather but the cleaner removes the marks. The leather is a saddle leather, not painted leather found in most cars and trucks. You will not be disapointed!

Wish the bed of truck was longer for a crew cab but then it may not fit inside my garage.

Great Truck
By autenb

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is the most fun and practical vehicle I've ever owned. Not only is it the fastest truck on the road, but it can also tow or haul nearly anything. Only drawback is lots of high octane fuel.

Supercharger, wide 18" wheels, dark shadow grey, 380 stock HP

IRS, 1.5-2" Lower, 19" or 20" wheels. Upgrade to Kenne Bell SC as factory option. Factory boost guage with a higher scale so you don't have to go aftermarket. Some kind of anti-knapp material on the suade seats where you get in the truck.

Transmission
By Transmission

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st time buying an American vehicle and this truck has been only problems since I bought it. (new) I took it in to SVC dept. because it kept loosing power and shutting down and it turned out to be a wiring shortage after spending a whole month in the SVC dept. and changing different parts in it. Now at 51000 the transmission has gone out on it. Besides all the problems my truck ran smooth and I love the space in it but I will not buy another Ford again!

My favorite features about my truck is the space in the inside and still having room to fit things in the bed.

Better transmission along with anything that has to do with the engine.

203 Super Crew Overview
By Jack Benton

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Body style and interior are great design. At 35K I had rust on the underside of all four doors (something to look out for if purchasing one). Dealer repaired but concern is still there. P/U sleeps inside a garage nightly. With today's technology I did not expect this.

Interior. From 2004 up the interior looks cheap and made of plastic, unless you are looking at a King Ranch. As with other American MFGs they cut costs in the wrong areas.

Design and install a better looking dash and interior in future models.