Used 2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck - Zero Problems
By Big D

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck new for my son for school and work. He has over 140,000 miles on it now and not a single trip to the Service Dept except to change the fluids. Has exceeded all expectations. When they say Built Ford Tough, its true!

Durability. Ease if driving.

For the price and durability, can think of any.

What a Wonderful Truck
By RedWingFan

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have driven and hauled trailers across the country from Miss. to Montana and back to Mich. and this truck has no problem at all. I have the 4.6 engine and I have 70,000 miles on it and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. I change the oil every 3-4k and I still get 20mpg on the highway. I couldn't ask for a better truck. I will drive this truck until the doors fall off or a million miles, whichever comes first...My son wants the truck but only after I'm dead and gone. I only drive Ford trucks. No other truck compares in my book. I have had four other Ford trucks in my days but this is the best. Period.

I love the body style. I have the DVD in the header that flips down for the kids and the six CD changer. The interior has plenty of room for my 6' stature. Plenty of leg room in the rear seats. Four doors open far enough for easy access. Very comfortable ride on long or short trips. No complaints.

If I had a complaint or two it would be that I only have a two wheel drive. I should have got the four wheel drive, but I lived in the south at the time I bought it and didn't think I needed it at the time. And the sound system could be better but that's fixable.

Great Truck
By Many Klatch

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 cylinder F-150 has been a real workhorse. My last couple of Ford Rangers lasted 150,000 miles before I traded them in and the F-150 seems to be on the same track. I get 22 mpg in mixed city and hiway driving with the manual 5 speed if I keep my foot off the gas. The 6 cylinder has all the power I need to haul lots of weight on those occasions when I need to haul 1,500 pounds. I had to replace a broken overload spring and upgraded to a heavier set to handle the weight. The engine didn't have a problem with a full load. The acid test was that the engine hauled all that weight over the Pennsylvania Turnpike in cruise control with very few problems.

Tachometer and full instrumentation, AC controls (love the option for outside air on panel setting) 5 speed manual transmission

Need a place to dock my iPod. Need a better top on the padded box between the front seats, the top gets worn slick and feels sticky to a bare arm.

If it wasn't for the rust
By Greg

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Hauled great. K&N Air Intake, custome cat-back dual exhaust added. Gas miliage...well it's a truck so what do you expect! If it wasn't for gas prices, I would still have it. The bottom of the doors are starting sto show rust. Concerns me. Sold it just recently for a silly low amount. Bought a Mazda6. I will own a truck again, and it will be a Ford.

Excellent power!

Better rust warranty..that's it.

Best of three
By Pat Cavanaugh

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Get 20 mpg on the high way all the time. Use Motor Craft oil in all changes. Always starts, A/C is cold, comfortable for long trips. Companion can put seat down or a child can sleep on back bench. Tinted windows are what I would have installed in another vehicle. Just the right tint. No rattles.

Link the 60/40 seat with arm rest. Tint is not too dark for nighttime driving. Good lighting for night driving and to be seen from the rear. Enough power for me to drive and haul products if necessary. Rides very well and I have not had a single complaint of rough riding since I purchased the truck.

Better CD player in the dash. Longer lasting ball joints. Move the speed limiter up a little so dodges don't outrun me all the time.