Used 2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

If it wasn't for the rust
By Greg

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Hauled great. K&N Air Intake, custome cat-back dual exhaust added. Gas miliage...well it's a truck so what do you expect! If it wasn't for gas prices, I would still have it. The bottom of the doors are starting sto show rust. Concerns me. Sold it just recently for a silly low amount. Bought a Mazda6. I will own a truck again, and it will be a Ford.

Excellent power!

Better rust warranty..that's it.

Transmission
By Transmission

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st time buying an American vehicle and this truck has been only problems since I bought it. (new) I took it in to SVC dept. because it kept loosing power and shutting down and it turned out to be a wiring shortage after spending a whole month in the SVC dept. and changing different parts in it. Now at 51000 the transmission has gone out on it. Besides all the problems my truck ran smooth and I love the space in it but I will not buy another Ford again!

My favorite features about my truck is the space in the inside and still having room to fit things in the bed.

Better transmission along with anything that has to do with the engine.

SUPERcrew
By Jim

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that the Ford SuperCrew trucks are almost the perfect vehicle for people with a family. You can combine the comfort of a car with the usefulness of a pickup. I love my truck. I have had NO repairs other than basic maintenance (knock on wood).

Comfort...Style...Reliable.

Could improve the turning radius; it can be a little hard to park in tight spaces or (straight in) parking lots, The lots that provide angled parking are much better. Larger fuel tank...I drive a lot and have to fill up 2-3 times per week.

Hard Seats
By Mark

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoy everything about this truck except those hard unforgiving seats. My Mercury Mountaineer was like sitting on an easy chair but this pickup is like sitting on a board. Everything else great.

How handy it is & the big wide doors.

Redesign the seats.

Ford did it again
By lucky

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford has came up with another excellent vehicle. The 5.4 l is the better buy for the power. I really enjoy the roominess of the entire truck. I used to own a Chrysler and it sat way too low to the ground and got dinged up very bad. The good thing about this truck is that I am a lot higher up. I own another F-150, but it is a 1991; yet I've already gotten 170,000 miles on it, and it still runs like a champ. So I hope this truck will do the same.

The four wheel drive.