Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 206 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Gotta Love It
By Draytondave

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It has plenty of power, but bad on gas. I get 11-1/2 mpg while towing a 24ft travel trailer. Would love to have a little more torque for towing at 100kph without dropping a gear. Very comfortable and spacious up front.

Good ride height, smooth gear shifts. Nice interior.

'02 F150
By Ultimatebravo

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I really loved this truck up until the transmission went out at 38,000 miles. Ford did not cover it and it cost thousands. The truck also has excessive piston slap and it has had its oil changed every 3k or less. I'm in the market for a Dodge now, Ford really needs to work on their quality.

Looks great and drives nice, I get 19 mpg on the free way and 14 in town.

Quality, a truck should not have the same transmission as the Mustang. Limited slip would have also been nice, I don't remember if they had it as an option when I bought it.

F150 Lariat - a great vehicle
By lbryan

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck for both business use and pleasure use. It has been a great vehicle in all aspects except that it does drink a lot of gas.

Very comfortable.

Better mileage.

Happy Camper
By andy cwi

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've driven Fords primarily for almost 20 years now after a bad experience with GM standing behind a Chevy lemon. I have for the past 10 years owned a pickup (2 Rangers and now the 150). This truck is all that I could hope for except of course for the fuel economy. If the economy doesn't go completely south or gas becomes extinct, this will be the last pickup I'll need. Driving comfort, dependability, durability low maintenance costs, hauling capacities and dealer customer service are all part of the package.

Ride comfort, color, handling, cruise control, lumbar support, compass with outside temperature gauge, CD player.

Rust proofing especially in the northern climate. Better gas mileage.

Great truck
By Trixxie

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new and as I say I've had it since it was a baby. It has been a great truck. Of course I have given it it's proper maintenance and has really paid off. I have been a Ford Woman since I was able to be a Ford Girl at 18. I am now in the decision making of color for my new 2007 F250 diesel with that new engine. I believe I need to order it in November for shipment in February. It seem like it will again be a white with tan leather interior.

I just love all of it. No favoritism here.

Maybe standard bedliner would be nice.