Used 2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great truck, will buy an F-150 again
By Carl Comstock

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been great to own. Low cost of repairs and still at 122,000 miles runs and looks great. I live in the northeast and the truck has seen a lot of winter driving and has very little rust. 4x4 works great and have not had a single major promlem. After 5 years and 60,000 miles I paid out only $368 in repair cost.

The looks and the ride.

None, it's great

wanna race?
By 01 Lightning man

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

My truck is GREAT! I could not have bought a better pick up. It is my dream truck, since I was 16, and now I have one. It's amazing the looks you will get when you are driving a shiny, black Ford Lightning SVT, with chrome wheels, bed cover, cowl induction hood, Bassani exhaust, and an extra 30 horse power to the already 390 stock. WHEW, what a truck!

One of my favorite features would have to be the Super Charged V8 Triton engine. But the interior also looks great.

More power! This thing has a lot of power but now the Dodge SRT is out, Lightning needs to step it up! And... the ride is a little rough.

Quality Not Job One
By Final Ford

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall the truck has been okay for a truck. Same old Ford quality though. Noisy transmission, loud power steering pump, and mushy suspension. Transmission hunts when pulling a boat and loaded. Poor window seal quality, almost all doors and window seals are now falling apart or off. Paint quality on roof was factory poor, checking and cracking. To top it off the Original OEM tires were dry-rotting at 25,000 miles.

Good cab space, hauling capacity. Mechanically reliable, but I had very low miles.

Improve quality of trim, paint, and design. Door panels hold water inside and are rusting.

First Pickup
By Eric Novak

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It tows our ski boat like a champ and has always run well for us. Has interior like a large car and bed for the weekend building projects and yard work. We have Lariat with heated seats, moon roof, leather, etc. Still looks brand new with good care. Have gone through 2 sets of tire and brakes with 112,000 miles...which I feel is good and fair. Change oil/filter every 5000 miles, air filter etc. I just had the plugs replaced at 110,000 miles at dealer and although it did not run rough...it runs smooth like new again. Have had transmission fluids changed as manual says and no problems. It is a great truck period.

Style, 4x4 height is perfect from factory, moon roof and interior with 6 perfectly placed cup holders, power when towing is available, but mileage can be good it light on the pedal. 20+ mpg.

Rear window seal needed to be replaced after 3 years of ownership...too soon in my book at $300. Make oil, filter, plugs (wearable parts) easy to change for the consumer; this should be a note to all manufacturers.

Great Truck Since Day 1
By cdmorgan76

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had a problem with my King Ranch. I have put 77,000 miles on the truck since I bought it new in March 2001. Overall I have had a great experience. I wish all Ford's were built as well as my King Ranch.

5.4 V8, heated full grain leather, and cabin comfort.

My truck has 4 captains chairs. I wish it had a bench in the back. The front leather has faded over time. Some little plastic pieces have broken off but not a major problem.