Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Very dependable used truck
By Bob H.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned Ford trucks for over 30 years and this one is the best. My only complaints are wind noise at highway speeds and fuel consumption. Overall it is a solidly built truck that is holding up well. 80,000 miles with no mechanical problems.

Limited slip differential makes the need for engaging the 4 wheel drive less frequent. It is great in snow. The handling is superb for a truck.

Use a different door latch system to eliminate the wind noise on extended cab models.

F150 - Dependable
By davie

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned a 2000 F-150 for over two years now. I have been very pleased with everything but the mileage. At 14 MPG, I am not thrilled with the mileage. However, the ride is tolerable for a full-size pickup, and except for oil changes and tire rotations, I have had to do no maintenance. Very dependable, but thirsty truck.

225K And Still Going
By John C

2000 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck every day, all day. Could not ask for a more reliable dependable truck. As a project manager for a construction company my truck is my office. I have changed oil every 3-4k, gone through several sets of brakes and tires but never even so much as an oil leak. The a/c system holds up even in the Texas heat during long times on idle. Mine is the vinyl mat, manual window, work truck version but still very comfortable with a great ride. Mileage is good with the 4.2l v6 and automatic, at best I've seen 19mpg average is about 15-16. A little preventative maintenance goes a long way with these trucks.

Good mileage with a great ride. Powerplant that just keeps on running.

None. OK, more cup holders.

Bulky Vehicle 4.2 6 Cylinder
By Dadwithkids

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck as a replacement for a small Japanese truck. That being the case, it is just too big for shopping malls, and city driving. Really good for hauling mulch, bicycles, etc. I chose this truck because I could stick the kids in the back seat; not everyday, but once in awhile. There was no better value on the market. It drives well, manual transmission is slow, bulky shifting (not fun), problem with heating system (header adjustment door locked up, expensive fix), cruise control recall. It is not as well made as a Toyota or Mitsubishi. Mileage - I get 15-17 in mixed driving.

Extended Cab - kids sit forward, can get three in back. Lots of bed for carrying stuff.

Lower it, too high. Better shifting manual transmission.

Good looking and reliable!
By David H.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck brand new in 2000 and has been one great truck. If you take care of it, it will take care of you! I've had mine now for 5 years and not once have I had any major problems or concerns with her. She looks good, rides good and pulls good, what more could you ask for! I've learned with Ford, you really do get what you pay for.

Body style, "Island Blue" color, ride, handling and towing power.

Could make the back seat more user friendly with a little more leg room.