Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Well rounded vehicle
By forkd

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is a truck with a luxury car ride. It is quiet, reliable and attractive. The engine, while not the most powerful, is quite powerful enough. I upgraded to a K&N air filter and the throttle response improved dramatically. I have changed the front brakes 4 times but that isn't too crazy. When the stock tires wore out I upgraded and the handling is incredible. The only problem I have is if the roads are icy it, like any pick up truck, has a tendency to slip and slide.

Comfortable, responsive relaxing ride with great visibility.

Larger front disks/pads for longer life. I get +/- 14MPG city and <20MPG highway. 96,000 miles @ 15mpg = 6,400 gallons used. 6,400 gallons X $2.25/gallon (I'm in California) = $14,400 spent on fuel in 6 years or $2,400 per year. Larger front disks/pads for longer life.

200,000 miles later, got rear-ended
By Vic

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Wow! What a great (but plain) truck. If you need a cheap ride and don't mind the rubber floors, no cruise, no automatic -then this is your truck. Mine has nearly 200,000 miles on it and still runs perfectly! The body, however, was damaged beyond repair in a wreck three days ago. If a teenager hadn't hit me, my truck would be on the road today. I would buy my truck back if possible. It is that good! I bought it new with 15 miles on it. I did the usual maintenance, oil change at 5000 miles and fluid checks / changes when needed.

Reliability, simple, tough.

Gas mileage.

Very dependable used truck
By Bob H.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned Ford trucks for over 30 years and this one is the best. My only complaints are wind noise at highway speeds and fuel consumption. Overall it is a solidly built truck that is holding up well. 80,000 miles with no mechanical problems.

Limited slip differential makes the need for engaging the 4 wheel drive less frequent. It is great in snow. The handling is superb for a truck.

Use a different door latch system to eliminate the wind noise on extended cab models.

F150 - Dependable
By davie

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned a 2000 F-150 for over two years now. I have been very pleased with everything but the mileage. At 14 MPG, I am not thrilled with the mileage. However, the ride is tolerable for a full-size pickup, and except for oil changes and tire rotations, I have had to do no maintenance. Very dependable, but thirsty truck.

225K And Still Going
By John C

2000 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck every day, all day. Could not ask for a more reliable dependable truck. As a project manager for a construction company my truck is my office. I have changed oil every 3-4k, gone through several sets of brakes and tires but never even so much as an oil leak. The a/c system holds up even in the Texas heat during long times on idle. Mine is the vinyl mat, manual window, work truck version but still very comfortable with a great ride. Mileage is good with the 4.2l v6 and automatic, at best I've seen 19mpg average is about 15-16. A little preventative maintenance goes a long way with these trucks.

Good mileage with a great ride. Powerplant that just keeps on running.

None. OK, more cup holders.