Used 1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

By northmi

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I've enjoyed my truck completely. It's done everything I've asked of it with comfort, convenience, and style.

I love that to date, this body style F150 is the most customizable truck, period. I enjoy the aerodynamic styling.

Change to a 5 or 6 speed automatic. Make a 5.4 with a manual tranny. Make a lightning extra cab.

This Truck is a Hazard to life and limb
By Thingriz

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

The front left tire has fallen off three times due to ungreasable pressed in steering components. All Ford replacement parts and all of poor quality. One control arm didn't last a year. That was the time I had just finished driving to work at 65MPH and as I pulled in the hospital parking lot the wheel fell off, blocking the entrance. Real nice. Yesterday the brakes went out...period. The thing goes through coils at the rate of one or more a year. The hood latch broke. I had to take the spare tire out to replace the shocks - that stupid system was broke right from the factory. The 4wheel drive is broke, I don't know why yet. I suspect an engage motor. I could go on but no more letters to use!

The stereo, but that cost me $7,000 USD and doesn't have the Ford logo anywhere on it.

Go back to greaseable parts that last. Spend a few extra bucks on some stainless steel lines. Fire anybody who worked on this truck from research to assembly.

Been an awesome truck for me!
By Ron

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck after it had over 100,000 highway miles on it. I have put about 25,000 more miles on it with a 'mix' of town and highway miles. This has been an awesome truck for me! No repairs, no bad points. A small V8, super cab, 4 wheel drive, and on the road it gets about 20 mpg. Great truck! Drives well, all options work, good cruise, comfortable, dependable, etc. I will keep using F150s, and this has really been a NICE truck for me. It could be the way it has been driven- with mostly highway miles, but really nice. Still uses NO oil, and drives like a dream. Hope I find another one like it when I finally wear this one out.

Comfortable, dependable, well put together, good gas mileage.

Find me another one just like it in about 5 years, and I will be even happier.

Great Truck!
By smith

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

We sold our 2004 Explorer last summer to buy our 1999 Ford F150. We love it - actually more than our Explorer. We bought it so we could pull a camper cross-country when we were moving. My family has always loved Fords but my husband was a Chevy man until this purchase. We pulled a 26' camper loaded with belongings through several mountain chains - when we started through the first set of mountains, my husband said if we make it all the way there with no problems, I'll be a Ford man. Not one problem! In fact, that was last July and we still have had no problems. We put new tires on it when we bought it and have had the tires rotated and oil changed - THAT'S IT! Highly recommend this model.

It is such a comfortable ride - a tough, well built truck. I guess the reliability would be our favorite feature.

NONE!

I would buy again
By John

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have replaced 3 ignition coils, all on the number 1 cylinder. I don't know why, but 3 on the same one seems kind of weird. I also had a fuel pump replaced last year. Other than that, it's been very reliable, and it's used in rough service. I have many short trips to and from work, and I often tow my boats with it. It has plenty of power, and it looks, rides, and runs like new.

The interior room is amazing! Nothing comes close to it. I love the ride of this truck, and it's smooth, and fun to drive.

Fuel mileage should be a bit better. At the worst I get 9mpg, and the best is 14+. Placement of the electronic 4x4 shift knob can be confused with the heater fan knob if you are not familiar with their locations. I would have preferred that the 4x4 shift knob be placed elsewhere.