Used 1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Eddie Bower XLT 4wd
By Jason Hoffman

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The 5.8 L engine has plenty of power for towing or zipping down the road. She is great and the Eddie Bauer package makes it stand out when you're driving down the road. Only problem is if you live in the Rust Belt you need to make sure you code the frame and other metal components in the drive train area with rust prohibitive sprays or you'll have rust spreading everywhere. Dual tanks are a must for longer road trips or when towing. Drives like a dream and handles very well. Underneath the Cal cover between the hood in the windshield you will develop weeks over time where the factory seam sealer and cock fail and this will cause water to drip down behind the firewall and under your carpeting in rust out the sides and corners of your cab. This can be easily fixed by removing the Cal cover and cleaning out all the cock from the body same and re-caulking it with any good all weather caulking and some paint

LOVE it!
By Jen

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

We bought ours used in early 2010 I think and it was in very good condition. It had 187K miles on it at that time and everything was in very good working condition except the A/C. Given it was already 15 years old we didn't think much of that. The cruise control still works. We bought it for a whopping $3800 and we've gotten our money's worth out of it many times over. It had less than the typical Ford rust and still isn't too bad despite having always lived in the North and having been kept outside for most of the time we've owned it. It started every time despite the very cold winters. It was my daily driver for about 5 years and it was really nice to drive. VERY good turning radius like I've come to expect in my Fords. We've done a number of long trips in it and it's VERY comfortable on the ride. My husband is just over 6 feet tall and has ample leg room. The extended cab seat isn't real comfortable but we rarely have 2 legged passengers so that's been less important. It's great for the dogs, however. I love the rear slider and the side wing windows--that's all made the lack of A/C acceptable. On long trips by myself I've needed to pull over to nap and at 5'6" I can fit comfortably across the bench. It's strangely comfortable for sleeping. Ours has almost 360K miles on it and is still getting around 17mpg highway. You can't beat the reliability. The passenger side window motor needs to be replaced now (the truck is 21 years old so....), the fuel pump went out last year on one of the two gas tanks, we've done u-joints, replaced a gas tank, and otherwise it's just been normal maintenance like brakes/tires/oil. The original tailgate stopped latching maybe 2-3 years ago so that needed to be replaced as well. It has a very substantial deer guard on the front and after hitting 5 or 6 deer now it does have a few dents. Someone sideswiped us in a parking lot and even so, the body held up well. I've also driven it through blizzards and despite being 2WD it handled beautifully. We've dubbed it 'The Green Beast' because it's as though there is no weather it can't handle--even on the unattended country roads with blowing and drifting snow I'm very confident driving it. We have no intention of selling it, we plan to keep it til it dies because it's such an excellent vehicle.

That's a smile on my dad's face.
By Kevin

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

About a year ago I got myself a F-350 and needed to do something with my F-150 so I asked my dad would he like to have my F-150? He smiled and said sure. He has used it for multiple tasks. And said he enjoys being in it. Reminds him of the days when he was able to do alot more work using his old 1977 Ford Ranger F-150 XLT. I remember driving that powerful truck when I was 18. So we are keeping my 1995 F-150 in the family. For what I am sure will be a reliable hard working fun and very functional truck, for years to come.

Strong truck
By jake

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

For a small truck it is amazing. I am so surprised by how well this thing tows with only a 5. O (302). We pull an 18 ft enclosed trailer loaded with tons of camping gear the truck doesn't even shudder when pulling onto high speed roads. Not to mention this truck will not break, the most repairs it has had is a few starters and a window motor

power in small v8

radio is horrible

Just Won't Quit
By Cheeseheadmike

1995 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my employer with a tad over 300,000 on it, figuring if I got a year out of it I was doing good. Five years later, I have 352,000 on it. Even with the ultra hi-mileage, I'm not afraid to drive it anywhere. In that time, I've replaced fuel pumps in both tanks, windshield, and a TPS. It has the 5.0 engine, no gas mileage champ, but no slouch either. Finally started showing rust around the wheel wells on the bed and has had a slight rear main leak since I bought it. I've been thinking of trading it in on a new truck but I can't stand what I see out there now, so I think I'll just keep maintaining it.

All the power goodies still work.

What can be improved on after 350,000 miles.