Used 1995 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Built Ford Tough
By Tom

1995 Ford F-150 Special 2dr Regular Cab LB

I am the second owner and bought my F150 in 1999 with about 90000 miles and it now has 197000. It is basic on the inside but the exterior has true eye appeal with a rugged look yet clean and classy. The truck is Black with Charcoal lower panel. It is a V8 with standard 5 speed transmission. I always receive complements on its appearance. I was hearing a roar in either the transmission or rear end and had decided to sell. After checking prices on newer models and restored older models a light went off. Since I like this truck and there have not been any real issues why not invest in something I already know. I decided 2 or $3000 in this workhorse will get me another 10 yrs. GREAT TRUCK !!

Great look, excellent Air conditioning, and reliability. Take care of this truck, invest a little money, and it will keep on ticking.

I would like to improve on the gas mileage.

darn good truck
By theredflash

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I got the truck for free from my uncle he bought it in 1995 for 16,000. Had it overhauled at 186,000 miles. I myself have done the balljoints, brakes, regular tune ups and all that stuff. So far the best truck I have ever owned, the straight six is probably the best motor around. I was 16 when I got the truck and was very hard on it! 2 feet of mud, no lift, and still made it through, has pulled out plenty of people stuck in ditches, and mud roads. Won best old beater when I graduated high school. Candy Apple red and wouldn't trade it for the world.

the straight six motor, tons of torque, as my great uncle Jake would say: "It could pull the bottom out of hell and put a brick under it." Very easy to find parts!

Obviously like every ford enthusiast knows, rust tends to be a problem, but does NOT stop performance of this truck!!!

Kind of a suprise
By Rachel

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I am in no means a truck person. I only bought it because I was moving somewhere that is would be a good vehicle to have. I really wasn't expecting it to last 10 minutes, ha. But, here we are over 1 year later and the thing runs fantastic. I paid $1500 bucks for it with 128,000 miles on it, and everything works perfectly. The only problem i noticed is that if you try to speed up too fast...the transmission will jump a little. ha But, it is by no means a sports car...so you don't need to be doing that anyway.

How high up it sits. I feel like a king.

Idk. I guess a stronger transmission. But, Fords are notorious for junky transmissions, and everyone knows that. People still buy them anyway, so why rock the boat?

My poor poor bed :(
By Katore

1995 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The XLT is definitely worth the extra few bucks but I am thoroughly disappointed with the longevity of the bed and front quarter panel in regards to the rust factor. Fords knows for rusting out, the bed body in particular is not the best of design. outside of that, the auto lock in hubs are amazing, the loaded cab is excellent, and the engine and drive train reliability all get high ratings in my book. 5 speed auto transmission would be nice however. For those of you who seem to be confused as to what 1/2 ton means, it is not the towing capacity but the weight of the trucks frame directly relating the strength of the frame to how bad you can beat on it by its weight and thickness of metal.

Auto lock in hubs

learn how to build a truck that doesn't rust to pieces, and 5 speed auto transmission

I love this truck
By Kcrowe

1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck since 1997. Had 23,000 miles when I bought it. Has 235,000 now. I just can't sell it. It has never let me down. The 300 six is un-stoppable. Ford should have never stopped building this engine. Mine is Black with gold accent. When shes washed and waxed, I still get comments on her great looks. Don't drive it much anymore, but like I said, I can't seem to part with her. Replaced one hydraulic clutch actuator, clutch and two alternators. That's it. Still runs like new. Best vehicle I have ever owned!

Looks, reliability. I would buy another if I could find one with low miles and same styling.

None