Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Helluva truck
By Jim

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has easily been the most reliable truck I've owned. It has the 302 engine and is slightly underpowered for its gas mileage, but it gives 100% of what it has. I've never done engine work to it other than tune-ups, have only repaired things that wear out on any vehicle, like ball joints, u-joints, fluids, brakes, belts, etc. I don't think there is a higher quality vehicle available. It's been in 2 serious wrecks with only body damage resulting, after repairs you can't even tell!

Everything!!! The E4OD tranny is by far the most bullet-proof autoshifter I've seen yet (I'm a mechanic).

Kind of wish they would have come with 16" wheels from the factory.

One Tough Truck
By ladogman

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a professional dog trainer, i have an 8 hold dog topper mounted on the truck with dry storage and a 15 gallon water tank. I also tow behing this truck a 4 hole dog trailer which also carries my four wheeler and other gear. The 300 inline v6 is remarkable, alot of trainers are amazed at my trucks capabilities. I would not trade my truck for no other truck out there. I just wish i would have bought one with four wheel drive.

1 Tuff Ford
By MIKE

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new. I still own and drive it daily. It has performed above my expectations. For a American vehicle that was built in a era when American vehicles had very poor qualty and performance this is 1 bad truck. My truck still looks great and turns heads. It performs strong and just like that old timex watch it takes a liken and stlll ticking. The only work done to this truck was a transmission overhaul and a water pump. For 15 years not bad. I would buy it again.

Very simple and dependable

None

Solid Truck
By safetymike

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new. Has 232,000 miles, mostly over gravel, on the 302. Replaced brakes and master cylinder at 160,000. Dealer wants me to trade in, but the truck still runs great! Burns no oil! Typical squeaks and rattles for this amount of miles.

Still good looking!

Any small grade or headwind drops the AOD out of overdrive. Replaced chip, but didn't gain much. Sometimes wish I had a long box.

Awesome F150
By JD#1

1994 Ford F-150 S 2dr Regular Cab LB

I primarily use this '94 truck to drive to work. I work at a cattle ranch and sometimes I have to pull trailers with it. For a 6-banger it is excellent. I never have seen a V8 Chevy accomplish that. I really like it and hope I never have to sell it. Ford, the best never rest!

The 5-speed transmision. The straight 6 motor. Dual fuel tanks. Horsepower.

None!