Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Yeehaw!
By donponcho

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

What can I say, I bought this thing for $400 bucks. For a 25yo pickup, I think it actually drives pretty well and has no problems navigating the busy streets of my locale. It looks like it's driven to hell and back, the interior smells like an old shoe, it leaks a copious amount of oil on the pavement, and neither power window works. BUT, the radio sounds great and I can park it anywhere without fear of someone slamming their door into it, knowing that they'll do more damage to their car than mine. It's really easy to work on and I know this because it's probably had a dozen or so previous owners as the odometer just hit 320k miles. The transmission was slipping a bit when I got it, but a $14 bottle of transmission sealer got it shifting okay again. I know I look like a hillbilly driving it, but there's comfort in knowing that your truck was better built than the next guy's lame CUV and that you can squash him like a bug if you so please. Bonus: people tend to move over when they see you approaching in their mirror. I take this as a good thing, though I'm sure some would disagree.

One of the most reliable and enduring vehiclesos
By Abel Carreon

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

It is very reliable, you can practically take it anywhere. It is comfortable and very strong.

Best used truck for the money and still running!!!
By Richard

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Asking relatives to borrow their truck is like asking to borrow their most prized possession. I bought a used 1994 F150 as a beater and run about. Though I own three vehicles total, This is the one I drive the most. I feel safe driving in it. It's been super reliable. I purchased a camper shell and now whatever I want to throw into the truck bed is secure. The prior owner was a mechanic so everything was in working order when I bought it for the princely sum of $1,450. Bought it sometime around 2011. It's 5 years later and I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it. It could use a repainting and their were some dents but it's never failed me and starts on the first crank. Oh, did I mention how one of those mentioned relatives asked to borrow my truck? Two gas tanks on this baby. One gets low, switch to the other tank. Love, love, love my red beater Ford Truck. I really like the body shape from that era. I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

I still own and drive my old beater Ford. The only major expenditure since the last review has been to fix my A/C which needed a new compressor and some other parts to it. It's now my daily driver. Love, love, love my beater Ford truck!!!

My old beater Ford keeps on trucking! I just had her tuned up this week and she's still running silky smooth. There were a couple minor things to take care recently but it's gravy with this most excellent purchase. Her paint is beginning to show her age but I don't care. I just can't quit her. I own three vehicles and my beater Ford is my favorite to drive. Window down, arm draped over to enjoy the fresh breeze while cruising down the street or on the highway.

She's still running though she was down recently with an electrical short. My mechanic was able to diagnose it and my beater Ford breathes life once more. It's Summer and I love having some cold air conditioning to take the heat away as I drive down the road to and from work. My radio station locked into the country oldies and I'm always happy sitting in my Ford heading wherever I need to go. My eyes are drawn to late model Ford trucks when I'm out and about. I just love the character and lines on 90's Ford trucks!

She's not the problem right now, I am. I left the headlights on her the other day and the battery has gone dead. She still runs and I'm only either a battery charge away from driving this still in great condition old beater or a new battery away. Love, love, love my Ford F-150 truck. Of the three vehicles I own currently, she's my favorite!!!

One tough Ford
By jtalabama

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just received this truck 2 days before thanksgiving. It was towed to my house by flatbed after sitting 8 years in a field. The truck ran when it was parked in December of 06 after the owner had a stroke and then passed away. After making the determination that the 4.9L (300 cid) engine would turn over, I started to work on cleaning it up, giving a good tune up and replacing the fuel tanks, fuel pumps, and sending units as well as all the hoses, and belt. A new battery, a set of new tires, the truck cranked right up and has been excellent to run. After 500 miles, I drained the oil, and it looked just as clean as it was the day I put it in.

I love the 1994 body style of the truck. The manual transmission, and the power it gives, makes it really fun to drive.

Just keeps going and going.....
By f1504eva

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

The more I read the horror stories of new and late model vehicles, the more I love my 1994 F150.
At 18 yrs old (with reg maint) it just never lets me down. Its nothing fancy and i do use it for what it was intended for, but with just regular maint, it doesnt cost me a fortune to operate. It is a 5 litre V8 XLT 2wd reg cab with an 8 ft box and is my daily driver and I just love the design of the 1992-96 F150s.
l also love the looks of the 04 and later F150s, but
after reading consumer reviews here on Edmunds, i think I'll stick to my 'Ol Reliable trusty "94.
Just like they say....they dont make 'em like they used to.
Old Fords never die, they just keep going and going.....

Great design. Nice ride and excellent reliability. 8 ft box. Almost all new trucks have short boxes and cant accomodate a full sheet of 4x8 drywall or plywood.