Used 1991 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My 91 Ford
By POSEY

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

My 1991 Ford F-150 has the 4.9L straight 6. It was given to me from my uncle with 85,000 miles on it. It now has 187,000. I have not changed the oil since i got it and it still runs very strong. I'm not too big on the transmissions on the 91 Ford since my reverse went out.

The heater

Stronger transmissions

Most Reliable Vehicle A person can have
By Ford Owner

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Extended Cab LB

I've owned my truck for several years. As a strong GM fan I never took into consideration owning a Ford but this one is strong reliable and all around great. 290000 miles and still running strong

Beautiful exterior, surely is an American made

Better fuel economy

Great Truck
By Awesome truck

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

We've only had it for about 4 years but it has always been reliable. Will tow anything. The 5.0 v8 is powerful but drinks gas. Repairs are rare and are easy to fix.

302 5.0 v8, long wheel base, comfortable ride. Towing capability.

Gas mileage and the location of the sending units.

Heavy-Half
By the_suffering360

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab LB

I recieved it from my grandfather when he passed away. I love this truck. It currently has around 69300 actual miles. It is a great truck. It has the 4.9 with the HD tranny out of the 350 and the same HD rear axle out of a srw 350. It was ordered like that and is not aftermarked mods. This thing is a torque beast. I put 30 by 9 inch BFGoodwrench allterrains on it at stock ride and I can go farther than my friends Jeeps and 4X4s and its rwd! I frequently haul 2000lbs+ in the bed and a 6000lbs+ trailer and it will handel it at any speed and it has 0 lag even fully loaded. #5 cylinder is shot though but still drives OK.

Massive torque beast. Reasonable gas mileage for a truck. Durable as a block of solid steel. Goes anywhere. Comfortable as a new lazyboy.

Better brake design and maybe rear disks. Better factory fuel pumps and guages. Cheap fender material rusts so easily. Bad gas mileage because of bad cylinder. More power

Good all around truck
By stephen

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a 1991 F150 Custom std. cab 2WD 4.9L L6. I drove it to school and back 5 years ago the only problems I have had was the water pump, heater core and replacing tires (me being a 17 yr old boy). I would definitely buy another truck like this, but I would like the 5.0. I suggest this truck to anyone. I had 155,000 miles on it when I bought it and it has been a great truck.

Lots of torque, aux. gas tank. A/C

Brakes heat up too quickly