Used 1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Old Reliable
By Bob Lewis

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've owned this truck since 2005. She's old, rusty and reliable. I had considered purchase of a newer unit, but the prices convinced me to give the truck a facelift. My down-rating of the interior storage is due to the fact that there are no cup holders, no console box and my glove box door latch has broken, which I will fix during my facelift project. Right after buying the truck, I installed an ALPINE after-market receiver. I have noticed that there is a "sneaky little truck monster" that takes everything that I lay on the seat bottom and moves it to somewhere that is is always difficult to find or retrieve. The truck still gets about 17 MPG and for the difference in the cost of operating this one and purchasing something newer, I can afford to buy much fuel and keep it, as long as parts can be had. Bottom Line: She's A Keeper.

Great Truck
By jamescrane

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

bought my truck for 75 bucks when i was 16.
guy was taking it to junkyard.
bought a used altenator for it she lasted me two years.
now thats a buy. o did u mentioned when she finally went she had 270000.
the guy before me was no saint with her and neither was i
xl with a 5.0

Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Easy to see out of, dual gas tanks, cruise control, hot heat & freezing AC, reliable, durable, easy to fix, sits up high. Best part, I feel safe driving driving it because of it's tough and ridged build.

Lighter tailgate, standard alloy rims, inside door handles lower than expected, needs cup holders, more speakers.

Awesome Truck
By toomanytolist

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck as been fun to drive. The only problem I've had is having to replace a brake line. It uses a lot of gas but it well worth it just to drive it.

I have a 4 in. body lift and 36 inch tires so it is awesome to take to the creek.

Well-Built Truck
By rufus1959

1990 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 11 years and it's been a reliable, tough truck. I have had very few problems and they have been minor. The motor, tranny, and clutch have never needed any work done to them. The chassis is extremely strong and the truck rides well. Never needed front wheel alignment. Interior still looks good and the exterior paint still shines. I admit I have taken very good care of it. Built like a tank.

Good engine (5.0 L), tranny(4 speed manual),vand clutch. Good interior and rides well. Strong chassis.

Power windows slip and below average mpg.