Used 2010 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Very reliable work horse
By TJ

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2010 Ford Explorer is still going strong work 137000. Miles on it. Very dependable.

Bring it back!
By Ed

2010 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle--Bring it back!

It sucks
By William

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The SUV drops valve way to fast. It you don't go and buy aftermarket accessories then you dont get any. The vacuum leaks all the time for the heater. The gas mileage is horrible for being a 6 cyl. The hubs go out very offen. Very proof design by for.

I looked for this model
By David

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Ford person for most of my life...I last owned a 2012 Escape that was great except it could not tow my camper. We had to own two vehicles to accommodate the camper. I looked far and wide for something that would "do it all." The 2010 Ford Explorer fit the bill perfectly! I knew that the this was the last of the real SUV's and that the vehicle is mounted on a truck frame affording the support we would need for the camper (4500lbs). We looked high and low in July of 2017 and found our used, 2010 with 49,000 miles. The price was right and the dealer excellent. We drove 500 miles to view, drive and trade our Escape, We were so pleased with the ride back. Fuel economy, with the bigger 4.0 is surprisingly good at 22-23mpg at 70mph. The vehicle is a dream to drive and ride in even with my 6'4" frame. With the camper attached, the Explorer is more than powerful enough even up here in the Adirondacks with it's hills and valleys. We took the vehicle to a local Ford dealer, purchased the Extended Warranty, and was told that our Explorer was in excellent shape!

Love this car.
By Leslie Hall

2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my forth Explorer, and today I'm trading it in for my fifth. I'm sure everyone has a vehicle they are partial to, and the Explorer is mine. It has tons of room with easy to manage second and third row seating. I don't generally have other people riding with me, but the down side would probably be accessibility for passengers to get to the third row, the speedometer is located directly behind the steering wheel and is hard to see while driving, and the head rests on the back seats are so high I have a hard time seeing around them if pulling into traffic at an angle. The lumbar seats are a must for me, Sync/Bluetooth is invaluable for hands free phone conversations. I live the height of the vehicle and the feeling of being secure in a larger vehicle. I've had my current vehicle for four years now and it has never been to the shop for any repairs. I will miss this one, but the new one looks even better, can't wait to go take it for a spin.