Used 2000 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Great truck!
By ijibeit

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

No mechanical problems, some minor cosmetic issues and the regular complaints: rear wiper, gas mileage . . .
Overall this is a reliable, capable, powerful and good-looking truck; 2000 XLT 4X4 SOHC 4.0 completely loaded.

4X4, toughness, power, looks and utility.

This truck is designed to be driven a little aggressively and as such, I think the drivers, not the trucks, will imporve overall ratings on this vehicle. Hate the new car-based models; won't own one ever.

This was my dream car!
By rachelwmu

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD

My dream car has always been a red Ford Explorer! I am so happy with my car! My car came from Boston, I live in Detroit. Drove it all the way back from the dealer last summer without a single problem! My Explorer is an V8 XLT 5.0L 4 Door with over 180, 000 miles and still going strong! I would recommend this car to everyone (minus the gas, but oh well)! I've only had to get the exhaust manifold done. I've never had any major problem with this truck! Very dependable, I never worry about breaking down. I drive from Kalamazoo to Detroit all the time when I get time from school and I feel very safe driving all that way constantly! Being at 181,127, I fully plan on taking it to 250,000 or more.

2000 ford explorer
By 10phantom1

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV

We bought a 2000 Ford Explorer from a friend. All the doors don't work except the driver. We had to change oxygen sensors 3 times. The driver seat broke. The trunk broke. This car awful

better doors better metals

Explorers Forever
By DANGIT

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I now own a 2000 Ford explorer with 124,000 miles on it. I purchased it new and have followed the Ford recommended services. It has been very dependable in rain, ice, and snow conditions. I never drive it off road. Repairs have been required due to normal wear and tear only. I intend to keep it for at least another 5-years or 50,000 miles. This is my second Explorer and I would recommend it to anyone interested in an SUV.

Great towing trailers and hauling boys for Boy Scout trips. Very dependable in icy/snowy conditions.

Make towing package and hitch standard instead of optional, this has been done in later models.

Why ford why?
By richard

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

What a joke. 4x4 goes out. Trannys go out. Front end went. Rear end went out. Abs went out. Crank was going. They are built to fall apart and cost you a ton of money and why is everyone wanting shift on the fly four wheel drive? Put that on the floor. Maybe that's why Dodge can beat Ford with the durango.

i hated every thing that this car had there is a lot they can do to them

four on the floor more power better abs system and transmissions and transfer cases with a higher ground clearance