Used 1995 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

I know this car
By rmmiller2050

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

At 220,000 xfer case destroyed itself costing 1500.00 rebuild, at 300,000 transmission destroyed itself costing 1250 rebuild $, 4 liter v6 motor has still got another 100,000. Leather interior seats are holding up very well. Do not by cheap door handles from auto parts stores not even from napa , they are Chinese and made from wrong plastic. Original Ford oem made from frp resin are the only ones that will not break until many years of service, these cost 30% more than the crummy ones at autozone or napa or pep boys. I do all my own work, m teh 1995 has serious design flaws in xfer case and 4wdv control scheme. I know this car well, 330,000 miles, 150 miles per day comm.

comfortable and I am 6.2 300lbs

Get rid of all the hi-tech AWD/ auto 4wd nonsense and make it where you just put it in neutral and pull a lever to get 4WD when YOU want it, not when some stupid flaky computer system thinks you need it.

Runs great especially for the price!!!!!
By $300.00 holla

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

So far so good. I bought it with over 200,000 miles on it. Had to clean the whole interior out(I mean I stripped it down to bare metal).It had been sitting for 6 months, or so, full of trash(this rig had not been taken care of at all)! But I got in it,turned the key,and wah-la she purred like a kitten (a kitten with hairballs,but I was still amazed). Anyway, on to the good part. This thing runs great! 4x4 still works good, the tranny slips just at first,but what can I expect. I'm babying it for awhile until I can have the tranny worked on! Anything that can take the abuse that the last owners put this thing thru and still run is a good ride. Props on the 95 eddie bauer its a tough truck!

on board computer, and power everthing still works great

maybe the tranny but I imagine by now theres been alot of improvements

Great SUV
By Great SUV

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This ford has been good to me. No major problems. Just routine maintenance. I now have to trade it in as a clunker.

Good looking exterior, roomy interior.

more power and better gas mileage

Great SUV
By na

1995 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Explorer used from a millionaire my grandfather works for. It was stored in a garage most of its life. I love it, we had it for over a year and have done no maintenance on it except change the tires and oil. It's been very reliable for a Ford and now has more then a hundred thousand miles on it. The Explorer is a great car to have and is very good in the snow and I would recommend buying one.

Leather seats, sun roof, roomy interior, password key, great heating, maintenance reminder, fog lights, self adjusting air ride suspension, and more. Too much to list all of them!

None

Ford Girl Forever!
By Ford Girl

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle in February in 2008. It's a 1995 so I was expecting to have to fix some minor things but suprisingly all I had to do was get new tires and a new battery and I was fine. It now has 232,000 miles on it and its still running great! Its my perfect off roading and every day vehicle. I only drive Ford and I love this SUV!

Leather seats, sunroof, 6 disc changer, very comfortable, a lot of room, the vehicle is great overall!

None.